Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th400 dual feeding direct clutch w/ manual reverse trans brake valve body ?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow th400 dual feeding direct clutch w/ manual reverse trans brake valve body ?

I am building my th400 and using a transmission specialties trans brake reverse pattern manual valve body. now I wondering if I can do the dual feed modification to the direct/ high gear clutches? in the directions to install the trans brake valve body it does tell me to remove the inner lip seal from the direct drum, which I believe is a dual feed modification? but I also seen people remove the second sealing ring from the center support but now there is a pressure leak in 3rd gear that leaks back through the reverse side of the center support through the case and back to the pan so they plug the case at the reverse feed to the center support or tap a set screw into the reverse feed in the center support, my question is should I do the complete dual feed mod or just only do what transmission specialties says to do by only removing the inner lip seal from the direct drum, any help is appreciated thanks matt

here is a write up from jakes performance http://www.jakesperformance.com/TH400_Rebuild_Tech.html
Old 12-05-2014, 02:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Matt,
FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS.

My article is for using a stock valve body so that the average enthusiast can improve their build. It is NOT meant to confuse people and have them try to outsmart the guy that designed whatever aftermarket valve body they may be using.

Leaving the seal out of the drum and the 2nd ring off the center support accomplish the same thing. Both create a leak between the same 2 circuits, on purpose, that has to be addressed. Your VB will take care of this. Trust your vendor.

There is nothing more frustrating as a vendor than having a customer try to "improve" your product when they aren't experienced enough to understand how it works, and then even more so when they don't tell you and you are trying to diagnose an issue.

Just follow their instructions.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
Matt,
FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURER'S INSTRUCTIONS.

My article is for using a stock valve body so that the average enthusiast can improve their build. It is NOT meant to confuse people and have them try to outsmart the guy that designed whatever aftermarket valve body they may be using.

Leaving the seal out of the drum and the 2nd ring off the center support accomplish the same thing. Both create a leak between the same 2 circuits, on purpose, that has to be addressed. Your VB will take care of this. Trust your vendor.

There is nothing more frustrating as a vendor than having a customer try to "improve" your product when they aren't experienced enough to understand how it works, and then even more so when they don't tell you and you are trying to diagnose an issue.

Just follow their instructions.
thanks buddy I will take your advice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: th400 dual feeding direct clutch w/ manual reverse trans brake valve body ?