Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In the market for a 4L80 converter.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default In the market for a 4L80 converter.

In the market for a custom converter for my project. Seem like there are a lot of people in the market game now, so figured I would ask on here. I was looking at a PTC converter, filled out one of their question forms and never heard from them. They seem to be in a lot of fast cars on YB and get a lot of great reviews.

Looking to make around 1200 RWHP and would like an effiencent converter. More importantly, a company that is easy to work with in sending it back in to have it adjusted if needed.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...e85-build.html

Any suggestions?
Old 12-28-2014, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Call North Texas converter they built me a triple disc with a hand built stator and a mechanical diode . Built to hold 1400 plus hp. Their service is top notched
My application is a lsx 427 with twin 7675 mm turbos.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Teching In

I am also in the market for a converter for my 4l80e.....I am going to go with PTC,ProTorque or Ultimate (Lenny). I suggest you call PTC (I also filled out the online sheet and never heard back) ask for Tim he will spend all the time you need and answer any questions you have (very nice and smark guy). I was also impressed with Ultimate on the phone. They all build high end converters and have cars out there that are very impressive.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

My son and I have been extremely satisfied with precision industries vigilante converters and never considered switching until we started hearing so many positive experiences with PTC. We may have to consider them soon since my son is in the market for a turbo converter

Quick Reply: In the market for a 4L80 converter.