Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

performabuilt 460le 4000 yank stall

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performabuilt 460le 4000 yank stall

I have a level 1 performabuilt with 2000 miles on it yank 4000 stall its been banging the limiter on the 2/3 shift since I bought it I.thought it was just the tune so I went on with my build knowing I was having the car retuned anyway got it back and it still hits the limiter I have a b&m trans cooler and the derelle pan the line pressure has been turned up the fluid is brand new no burnt smell still is pink car shifts perfectly anytime other than when im wot...my tuner put the same trans tune file on my buddys 2002 camaro and his car doesnt hit rhe limiter so it has to be a issue with my trans debating on pulling it and sending it.out but I have been told I should have it pressure tested and the pan pulled it.could be fixed with the trans still in the car? Any opinions would be very helpful
Old 07-13-2015, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowwssix
I have a level 1 performabuilt with 2000 miles on it yank 4000 stall its been banging the limiter on the 2/3 shift since I bought it I.thought it was just the tune so I went on with my build knowing I was having the car retuned anyway got it back and it still hits the limiter I have a b&m trans cooler and the derelle pan the line pressure has been turned up the fluid is brand new no burnt smell still is pink car shifts perfectly anytime other than when im wot...my tuner put the same trans tune file on my buddys 2002 camaro and his car doesnt hit rhe limiter so it has to be a issue with my trans debating on pulling it and sending it.out but I have been told I should have it pressure tested and the pan pulled it.could be fixed with the trans still in the car? Any opinions would be very helpful
I understand the tune doesn't pose problems on your friend's car, but you are still dealing with many variables between his setup and your, I'm sure. I would make a bigger gap between the WOT up-shift RPM established for 3rd gear and your RPM limit, by lowering the up-shift RPM a couple hundred digits.

For example, if your up-shift RPM for 3rd is currently 6,100 and your RPM limit is set to 6,200.... try lowering the up-shift RPM to 5,900 and see what happens. You might be climbing really fast in second gear and just need a little more gap in RPM so the computer has a enough time to do the up-shift.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is this both manually shifting or leaving in OD ? have you tried slightly overfilling fluid ?
Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump the line pressure a little and change the shift time percentage to have it hit a little quicker. I had this issue for a long time.....first tuner kept lowering shift rpm and slowing the car down. Second tuner made the nessesary adjustment and it would 2-3 at 6850 all day without bumping the limiter.

Quick Reply: performabuilt 460le 4000 yank stall