Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choosing a torque converter

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 10:13 PM

Received 426 Likes on 325 Posts

Considering your 20,000+ posts (just crazy!) your advice and experiences are greatly appreciated.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mods allowing people to rip & bash is why i left this site for 3 or 4 years! if you disagree with someone you should give facts , stats or reasons why but its not acceptable to imply someones an idiot (or worse) that doesn't share your opinion true or false?
Old 08-12-2015, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Ya know Dano, I really dont know what to say to that other then people have different tolerances and different ideas of what is right and wrong. I didn't see bashing, others didn't see bashing, so if youre in the minority........well. We are a bunch of men here, I dont expect us to wear our feelings on our shoulders or have our ***** in our wifes purses. And, it was smiley faces for God's sake
Old 08-12-2015, 04:34 PM

Received 426 Likes on 325 Posts

As a moderator I don't allow "rip and bash" here, but allow a little poking.
01ssreda4 was definitely just poking. Perhaps also pointing out that no one here has ever posted how much he loves his 2800 stall converter; at least not after they try a 3000+ converter. His pokes often mean "Take my advice and save some money". He has poked and even annoyed me a few times, but I then re-evaluate my decisions, and if I still think I was correct, I just grin and bear it.

Converters are very personal - what one person loves, the next one hates; it would be like trying to use your suggested "facts , stats or reasons" to compare minivans to Corvettes. It just doesn't work.
I am acutely aware that these forums should be an accurate source of information for the many people that read them, but when it comes to converters, there are no absolute answers.
About the only absolute answer is stretch the budget a bit to buy one from a quality company, thereby saving money in the long run.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by mrvedit
As a moderator I don't allow "rip and bash" here, but allow a little poking.
01ssreda4 was definitely just poking. Perhaps also pointing out that no one here has ever posted how much he loves his 2800 stall converter; at least not after they try a 3000+ converter. His pokes often mean "Take my advice and save some money". He has poked and even annoyed me a few times, but I then re-evaluate my decisions, and if I still think I was correct, I just grin and bear it.

Converters are very personal - what one person loves, the next one hates; it would be like trying to use your suggested "facts , stats or reasons" to compare minivans to Corvettes. It just doesn't work.
I am acutely aware that these forums should be an accurate source of information for the many people that read them, but when it comes to converters, there are no absolute answers.
About the only absolute answer is stretch the budget a bit to buy one from a quality company, thereby saving money in the long run.

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Ya know Dano, I really dont know what to say to that other then people have different tolerances and different ideas of what is right and wrong. I didn't see bashing, others didn't see bashing, so if youre in the minority........well. We are a bunch of men here, I dont expect us to wear our feelings on our shoulders or have our ***** in our wifes purses. And, it was smiley faces for God's sake

OP another option is to maybe see if someone local has a car with a certain stall size and you can determine this yourself.

Quick Reply: Choosing a torque converter