Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E: torlon check balls & separator plate repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 4L80E: torlon check ***** & separator plate repair

Anyone ever use the repair kits for fixing the impact damage on the separator plate from the steel check *****? How about the torlon plastic check *****? Good, bad, unecessary?

Thanks!
S.F.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I use Seat Repair Kit's all the time for the 2nd Clutch on 4L60E's, On 4L80E's, I replace the plate & use steel checkballs.

Torlon Checkballs do not damage the plate. But, They wear out eventually to the point they get small enough to pass right through the Plate.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The plate generally last 100,000 miles without any problems. It's easy enough to replace the plate and steel ***** at that point. As mentioned above, torlon ***** aren't necessarily an improvement.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by clinebarger
I use Seat Repair Kit's all the time for the 2nd Clutch on 4L60E's, On 4L80E's, I replace the plate & use steel checkballs.

Torlon Checkballs do not damage the plate. But, They wear out eventually to the point they get small enough to pass right through the Plate.
Originally Posted by unit
The plate generally last 100,000 miles without any problems. It's easy enough to replace the plate and steel ***** at that point. As mentioned above, torlon ***** aren't necessarily an improvement.
Are you buying the separator plate from Transtar or GM? I thought I've read somewhere that aftermarket plates are junk....

S.F.

Quick Reply: 4L80E: torlon check balls & separator plate repair