Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 TBSS with 4L70E looking for South Florida builder

Old 10-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2006 TBSS with 4L70E looking for South Florida builder

I've got a 2006 TBSS 2WD, 98K miles, Vector Motorsports tune, PTC torque converter, RPM level V 4L70E, B&M cooler (bypassing the ticking time bomb/radiator cooler entirely know - only took two breaches for me to learn that expensive lesson).

I've gone through 5 tranny swaps or rebuilds, including 2 RPM Level V's, so please don't name them. I'm looking for someone in South Florida where I can get a 4L70E built (along with a TC) for just mild street use - I really don't beat on it, i'm just super unlucky.

Anyone in South Florida (Palm Beach County, preferably) someone would recommend for such a task? I'm so tired of yanking it and taking it to the Fedex freight depot in Hollywood and shipping it off. I'm also not fond of the canned/crap rebuilds most people resell.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce
Old 10-09-2016, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blautens
I've got a 2006 TBSS 2WD, 98K miles, Vector Motorsports tune, PTC torque converter, RPM level V 4L70E, B&M cooler (bypassing the ticking time bomb/radiator cooler entirely know - only took two breaches for me to learn that expensive lesson).

I've gone through 5 tranny swaps or rebuilds, including 2 RPM Level V's, so please don't name them. I'm looking for someone in South Florida where I can get a 4L70E built (along with a TC) for just mild street use - I really don't beat on it, i'm just super unlucky.

Anyone in South Florida (Palm Beach County, preferably) someone would recommend for such a task? I'm so tired of yanking it and taking it to the Fedex freight depot in Hollywood and shipping it off. I'm also not fond of the canned/crap rebuilds most people resell.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce
I don't know of any local shops I would trust with a rebuild. I am shocked the RPM LV5 is not holding for you. I have never owned one of their trans but have heard nothing but good about them. That being said, I have a FLT LV6 and can not tear it up. Good luck with your bad luck.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:17 PM

Received 385 Likes on 294 Posts

If you have had two RPM transmissions fail (and 5 total), I think it is time to blame something else, like a fault PCM, its tune or engine sensors. The PCM controls the line pressure to the trans, typically between 60 and 220 psi. This pressure is controlled by the PCM reading the engine sensors and determining the best line pressure according to the tune.
If for example, the PCM commands low line pressure at WOT, you will go though 5 transmissions. A builder could force the trans to always run at max line pressure, but it will then have other problems and not last long either.

I would suggest hooking up a pressure gauge to the trans (search "ATD 5550" on Amazon - its only $34) and checking that it rises close to 200 psi when you blip the throttle.

Last edited by mrvedit; 10-10-2016 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-10-2016, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^^This^^ makes perfect sense!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 TBSS with 4L70E looking for South Florida builder