Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

little help with 4l65 in a c6 zo6

Old 03-19-2017, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default little help with 4l65 in a c6 zo6

I had this swap done a a couple of months ago. I went with the rpm level 6 trans and a circle d 5c single disk. I'm controlling it with a pcs tcm2800. For the first couple of weeks I had the car back it shifted great. Really firm shifts and really quick, pretty much like a snap. Then it developed a slow leak. I took it to a local shop and they said it was coming from the bell housing and the trans needed to come out but fluid level was still fine. Called rpm and they said drive it back to the shop that did the swap and get it fixed. Ended up being the seal in the pump where the convertor goes in i believe.

Now that I have the car back though, the car does not shift near as firm. And after my 2 hour interstate drive back from picking it up I noticed that it was taking off in second gear but still had all other gears. It could be pulled into first however. Once the car is turned off or cools down it starts in 1st again and shifts feel firmer.

I was told to log the pcs box to help figure out whats going on. While logging it started doing the 2nd gear starts again, only this time it now locks in third and does not go into od.

Any ideas on this? The trans is under warranty as is the work but its a long drive back to the shop. I'm thinking it sounds like solenoids but they should be brand new. Also would solenoids not act up all the time instead of just when it warms up? It looks like to me the box is commanding max pressure but ill know for sure tomorrow. Also it's weird that it was starting in 2nd but still had od but now it has neither. Does that sound like a solenoid? Also now when I pull it into 1st it feels like the ebrake is on, it takes a lot of throttle to get it to budge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: little help with 4l65 in a c6 zo6