Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e Torque converter lock up not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l80e Torque converter lock up not working

i have a 98 camaro with 4l80e and PSI wire harness and pcm. the torque converter will not lock up at all. ive messed with the tune in HP tuners and tried commanding it in HP tuners but nothing will make it lock up. where do i start to try and figure out why? the TCC mode in scanner always says OFF even when commanding but the PWM duty cycle goes to 100%. i just installed a jakes triple disk lock up and replaced the o ring on the turbine shaft so im assuming its okay but never know. what should i look at and do? thanks
Old 08-12-2017, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

anybody? any links or anything wiring?
Old 08-12-2017, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Are you still running a '98 PCM? I wasn't aware that a OS matching segment was available for '98's?

Checking that the PCM IS controlling TCC PWM Solenoid.......

Make sure Pin #33 (brown wire) of the Blue PCM Connector is wired to Pin "S" of the transmission connector, This is the TCC PWM Solenoid control circuit. (This only applies to '97 & '98 PCM's)

Using a digital volt meter, Hook the red lead to Pin #33, Hook the Black/Common lead to a good ground. I would remove the terminal from the cavity at the PCM, Strip back a 1/4" section of insulation about 2" from the terminal, Slip on a piece of 1/8" heat shrink over the wire, Leave it loose for now....You can heat it in place after the diagnostics.

The objective is to watch line voltage on the circuit.......The "High's"...Around 12vdc when the solenoid is commanded "off/venting" (Un-locked).
And the "Low's"....Zero Volts when the solenoid is commanded "on/closed" (TCC locked)

Last edited by clinebarger; 08-13-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Are you still running a '98 PCM? I wasn't aware that a OS matching segment was available for '98's?

Checking that the PCM IS controlling TCC PWM Solenoid.......

Make sure Pin #33 (brown wire) of the Blue PCM Connector is wired to Pin "S" of the transmission connector, This is the TCC PWM Solenoid control circuit. (This only applies to '97 & '98 PCM's)

Using a digital volt meter, Hook the red lead to Pin #2, Hook the Black/Common lead to a good ground. I would remove the terminal from the cavity at the PCM, Strip back a 1/4" section of insulation about 2" from the terminal, Slip on a piece of 1/8" heat shrink over the wire, Leave it loose for now....You can heat it in place after the diagnostics.

The objective is to watch line voltage on the circuit.......The "High's"...Around 12vdc when the solenoid is commanded "off/venting" (Un-locked).
And the "Low's"....Zero Volts when the solenoid is commanded "on/closed" (TCC locked)
it's a 411 pcm 99-02. Is the wiring the same?
Old 08-13-2017, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by xXLindquistXx
it's a 411 pcm 99-02. Is the wiring the same?
NO, The TCC PWM Solenoid control wire is on pin #2 of the Blue Connector.

Quick Reply: 4l80e Torque converter lock up not working