Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New motor/tranny (rebuilt) 4l60e shifting issue

Old 09-13-2018, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New motor/tranny (rebuilt) 4l60e shifting issue

Hi I have a issue with my rebuilt 4l60e has shift kit, corvette survo when I first started driving it it seemed to run great but after about a day of driving it (only went a few miles total) it started to not drive right it seems to be starting in 3rd when in OD/D if I put it in 1st it'll go (feels like second) and I can then put it in OD it will shift then while at a constant speed it will fluctuate the rpms a few hundred rpms back and forth (revers works fine .. first time I put my scanner on it it said there was a problem with solenoid A (had a cam position sensor issue I fixed and cleared codes) that tranny code hasn't come back but it still doing the same thing. I have taken it to a friend and he put his snap-on scanner and checked the solenoids A and B and was able to test them and scanner said they where shifting fine no codes have come up since any help would be great
Old 09-14-2018, 11:04 PM

Anyone ?
Old 09-15-2018, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My next move would be to get the Snap-on scanner again. In the Functional Test Menu there's a test for shifting the trans.
Put your shifter in OD for this test. Keep it there.
Command gears 1 thru 4 as you drive it.
Does it shift correctly?
Does the gear range on the scanner match the gear range of the car?
Answers to those questions will give you a much better idea of what's going on.
Joe
Old 09-18-2018, 10:08 PM

So I pulled the tranny this sunday, took it to the builder he found some rust on some parts .. (don't know where it came from was stored inside) and he said a check ball wasn't in the right spot (tranny side not valve body side) would that cause it to not go into first and act like it's in limp mode.. please any info would help THANKS

Search this Thread