Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jake's Black Box/SloppyMechanics Transbrake

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jake's Black Box/SloppyMechanics Transbrake

Have a built 4L80 using Jake's Black Box for the Manual Valve Body. How would I go about wiring this since I am not using the PCM controls.

https://sites.google.com/site/sloppy...oppytransbrake
Old 01-14-2019, 07:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,218 Likes on 782 Posts

Same way. All you're doing is grounding the 2-3 solenoid and forcing the trans into 3rd gear.
Find a google image for the 4l80e trans harness connector...identify the wire you need...tap it...ground it.

I'm 90% sure this will work, but I've never been inside one of jakes Black Boxes to know if you will have any back-feed issues that may trouble the box...best thing to do is call them and ask.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
Same way. All you're doing is grounding the 2-3 solenoid and forcing the trans into 3rd gear.
Find a google image for the 4l80e trans harness connector...identify the wire you need...tap it...ground it.

I'm 90% sure this will work, but I've never been inside one of jakes Black Boxes to know if you will have any back-feed issues that may trouble the box...best thing to do is call them and ask.
Thanks for the feedback. I will be sure to give them a call if @jakeshoe doesn't chime in.