Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

genral motors is doing something right, 60e is off the chain!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default genral motors is doing something right, 60e is off the chain!!

I took my truck to the tranny dude who wanted $2000 just to take it out and put it on the table, I knew when he got done with me he would have wanted 2500 to 3000 which I wasnt payin. I got one from GM, the best warranty I heard offered for 1600 total, tax, shipping and new converter. Man if you read some of my other post, this truck is now a monster, my speed om says 110, I was way past that today with ease. Its now burnin up rubber everytime I step on the gas, foot a bit heavy, Im shocked! I spoke to trans guy who drove my truck, hes going to buy one to open it up to see what are the new mods that GM has done to its rebuilts, he was impressed, he didnt tell me but the look on his face said it all!!! Plus he wants to get one and open it says a lot too! I called the dealer, I asked if they can give me specks on the new mods, will post them. 3yr 50k gotta be for a reason!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

I've never got to look into a 4l60e but I do know there the same build up as a 700R4 just with a different valvebody. Anything can be built for what you need, just takes a fat wallet and sometimes the initiative to try something out. The guys I know that down the 4l60e blew it out, got a basic rebuild and figured it would continue to hold gobs of power as it failed to do so before, the others that have great luck with them gave it a chance and completely built it up. Its by no means a wonder or bulletproof tranny, if your breaking in fairly low or single digits in the 1/4 thats a lot to ask of any car and you probably do need something crazy like a TH350/400. Until I break mine after this crazy buildup its getting I'll stay on the Electronic Overdrive side for now.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

So where is you order it from? A dealership??
Old 02-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AK's WS6
So where is you order it from? A dealership??
Sorry for the late response, I been driving my ms. dasy. LOL yes, if you look up GM parts at any local dealer, but call a few, some are cheaper than others!
Old 02-11-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

how much hp/tq are you making?