Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to from here, I'm still doing research now...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to from here, I'm still doing research now...

Ok, was driving on the highway, punched the gas, and felt a pop under car, and now I have reverse, I have Park, but 1, 2, D, OD all are like neutral. Towed the car to garage. They want 1k to fix tranny. I already had transmission beefed up.

Is a manual stronger? Would it be worth converting the A4 to M6? I was thinking of converting, because would be more fun.

I need advice/opinions, PLEASE. So if anyone can tell me what to do from here, would be appreciated.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with 345 hp you shouldn't be breakin anything. sounds like who ever "beefed up" your tranny screwed you.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael Ozorowsky
Ok, was driving on the highway, punched the gas, and felt a pop under car, and now I have reverse, I have Park, but 1, 2, D, OD all are like neutral. Towed the car to garage. They want 1k to fix tranny. I already had transmission beefed up.

Is a manual stronger? Would it be worth converting the A4 to M6? I was thinking of converting, because would be more fun.

I need advice/opinions, PLEASE. So if anyone can tell me what to do from here, would be appreciated.
So you had all but reverse, and park before?? Huh? Well, as far as converting A4 to M6.. My buddy did that to his older vette and it was not too bad of a pain. But im sure the F-bodies might be a different story. Dont know. I have seen some previous threads on this that might be better in detail. Might want to try some searches and see what pans out.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Right now I'm running 390rwhp and 340rwtq as dynoed on mustang dyno. I dunno what to do though. Is a manual stronger than auto?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

ttt guys please?