Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ssf3500 less pull more punch

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ssf3500 less pull more punch

98 z28 (headers, intake, 3.42s,cutout) felt pretty strong, after tc install the car always feels like its ready to go . however once it gets going u can def feel a 10-20 hp powerloss pull wise thru the gears (cept 1st).

have you guys felt the powerloss after the tc install?? the car didnt get a shift kit install with the tc, could that be effecting it?? does the car need some tuning. or is that just the way of life, so better start modding up.

while i know u do lose some hp from a tc, i also thought that the fact ur at peak power for a longer time that the average hp would be higher, therefore the car would pull harder. i mean, most of u guys not only cut ur et time down, but u also gain mph, which points to more hp thru the gears.

thanks for any input
Old 04-08-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tq converters show a HP loss on the dyno, but on the track you would never guess it. Maybe you need to ATAP a couple runs and see whats going on first. Being that its a 98, i would guess it also has quite a few miles on it. Has the ttans ever been touched? Doing a couple logs on the car with a TechII or AutoTap should hopefully answer some questions.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I don't know that most guys gain more mph with a higher stall (???) but I noticed that when I went to the track with my TC for the first time, my gain was pretty much equal to the gain in my 60' ... telling me I wasn't getting down the track any faster - maybe even slower. Thought I'd see little more from the increase in shift extension.