Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help - Rebuild Kit and Tranny Slipping (Opinions Wanted)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help - Rebuild Kit and Tranny Slipping (Opinions Wanted)

Hello Everyone:

I recently got a TR 224/112 cam put in at Fastech and pulled 299 RWHP. It is very apparent from my Dyno (posted below) and from the performance of the car that the transmission is slipping badly and causing me lots of power loss. Now to the problem, I need to have it rebuilt and am very concerned about this happening again. I do not drive the car hard at all. It is very babied but does have 76k miles on it (50k miles of which were from a previous owner who had beat the car enough for me to have to replace the rear end gears and bearings asap). The car sees WOT about 1 and a half months at most and will perhaps see track time once a year.

That being said, I would like to know if anyone has experience with any of the following rebuild kits and how they worked out for you:

Ebay Kit

Level Ten Kit

TCI Pro Super Kit

Pro Built Transmissions Kit

I am open to advice from anyone about the differences in these kits and any other recommendations. I do not have the money for a FLP transmission or Dr. Evil Transmission or else I would pursue it. I have searched and not really found anyone's outcome using these kits or really much else. Thank you for any help that you can provide and I appreciate it.

Jason

Dyno:
Old 09-04-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you sure its your trans. To me your dyno run looks to be on the lean side and sould be around 12.5 or so... Did you check your trans with a scanner(a-tap,efi live) and note the input shaft of the trans and out put shaft to see how much slip is really going on... Also probuilt has their own transmissions for around 2k. Not sure what flp goes for.. Anyway i think you wont find too many people talking about rebuild kits cause transmissions are like voodoo to most people and have someone else rebuild them.