Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

check out my upgraded fuddle

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Default check out my upgraded fuddle

my first fuddle has been a great converter. but in the quest for lower et's, I decided that I need a little less stall. luckily, fuddle has a GREAT upgrade policy. this time, I went all out and got the upgraded converter for my th400. John said it would stand up to whatever my T-61's could throw at it. it looks great and feels even better on the street. we'll give it the real test at bowling green saturday night.

nice billet cover too....

Old 09-15-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what did you get it restalled to. I just ordered mine built for a turbo(3,800 1.7)..
Old 09-15-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

4500 on the transbrake....I originally asked John to make sure that it would footbrake to at least 3800. I took the car out(before the transbrake), set the 2-step at 3800, held the brake and floored it. the car pushed foreward 4" and settled against the 2-step...John hit it right on the money. I had no transbrake when I ordered the converter. it was pretty loose on the street and the track to be able to go that high on the footbrake. by chance I put a transbrake in the car with the new converter. the transbrake allowed me to stretch the converter waaaay out. I can now use a much tighter converter for down track efficiency, yet stretch the converter enough for a good launch on the brake. the transbrake is a must have with a serious turbo car. again, John built exactly what I asked for the first time. my requirements just changed. you just can't beat a company that will upgrade a converter just because you want something a little different than you originally ordered. FUDDLE

Last edited by sr71; 09-15-2005 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i only plan on 500rwhp at the most and figured a 3,800 would be good for it.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

you can't go wrong with fuddle. I talked to ati before calling John. they told me that they couldn't help me with a street/strip car with big turbos. they said that they couldn't build a converter that would make me happy on the street and strip both. even with a transbrake. then, I called fuddle racing. John has gone above and beyond to help me out. like many, I was skeptical at first. his prices were almost too good to be true and I hadn't heard much feedback about fuddle. I am a true believer now. the price got my attention and the customer service has made me a loyal fuddle customer. I'm sure you will be as happy with your converter as I am with mine.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think i will like the converter also. My midwest has been good to me but its time to move on and up the ante