Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's The Trick? 4L60E Oil Line Connector Clips?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question O.K.!!!What's The Trick? 4L60E Oil Line Connector Clips?

I've already done the reasearch, which some say install the clips first, then snap-in the oil line. IT DOES'NT WORK! Some say put the clips on after the oil line is inserted into the fitting. IT DOES'NT WORK! You name it & i've tried it. IT DOES'NT WORK! The tranny is in the vehicle. Whats the trick with these "E" clips? I Just wasted 4 hours of my life on these little bastards with NO progress. I just got my *** wooped by two little wire clips. HELP!!!! Gar

Last edited by LS1GMCTruck; 10-10-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just install the clips first. the hard part is lining up the lines so they go in straight. some times you have to tweak them a little bit. just mess with them a little you will get it.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

They are a pain in the nuts
Old 10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up Tranny Oil Line Clips Conquest Complete!

Here's what I did & figured out what I was doing wrong. I finally took the lines, both of them, completely out of the vehicle & over to the work bench where I could see what I was doing. I un-threaded the tube reciever fitting off the side of the tranny & also brought it over to the workbench. At the bench, with a light...I figured it out, where I could SEE WHAT I WAS DOING! There are "three"(3) little slots in the tranny fitting for the "two-pronged", "E" clip to go into. Guess what? Your supposed to push the "E" clip into the outer most slots, leaving the middle slot available for the middle of the clip to go into! I was trying to simply push the clip into just two of these slots, because this was the same spacing width of the "E" clip. How you push on the clip properly is: Put one of the clip prong ends into one of the slots...Then roll the clip open farther than its natural shape & into the third slot, farthur away, around the fitting. It will go right in that way. And guess what? The transmission line will then snap right in, just as someone said on another post I researched. I thought I would go to the trouble to explain this stupid problem, so no one else will ever have this predicament, like I did. Gar
Old 10-10-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

good to see that you got it figured out.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

These little things also kicked my *** for about 2 hours!!!! I couldnt figure out how they went back on!! LOL

LS1GMCTRUCK- YOUR POST SAVED ME! I finally said f- it and this was the only post i could find on how to do it. Took about 3 minutes after reading the post.

Thanks alot man, your post helped me out a ton!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Good job figuring them out. If it weren't for my dad helping me, I'd have set the car on fire trying to get those things on.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sometimes the lines just won't go in with the clips on there. I have a special tool that lets me take the lines out without removing the clips, but every once in a while I get one that is a pain and have to take off the clip anyway.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

took me forever to fig out you can put the e clips on before you put the tranny in the car then just snap the lines in.... lol i wasted the better part of a day on this
Old 03-16-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Another trick is to insert the clip while it is sliding over the non-groove areas, this will allow the clip to engage both cutouts and facilitate installing them. Just like putting on a retaining clip on a trailer hitch. I can put them on in seconds, you just need to see how they go in.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this is one damn confusing post with out pics lmao

Quick Reply: What's The Trick? 4L60E Oil Line Connector Clips?