Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slushbox pissed me off tonight

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slushbox pissed me off tonight

Had a little fun against an 05 GT tonight.... my shift too longer then I wanted too but it still shifted. He pulled away good in between shifts. About 20 minutes later that night I WOT and it bounced off the rev limiter a few times instead of shifting in 2-3 shift. Usually doesn't do this.... Hot tranny you think? What could cure that? Shift kit? Tranny cooler?

95 Z28 103k on Tranny 40k on Motor
Old 10-29-2005, 03:07 AM
Launching!

If it was a hot tranny then yes a cooler will help. I got a deep pan and tranny cooler as my 2nd and 3rd mods. Cheap insurance on helping your tranny last longer.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:15 AM
Restricted User

If this happens again, get out of the throttle immediately, do not let it "flare", as this will "finish" off the 3-4 clutch pack. The "modified" Trans-Go Performance Shift kit could solve this (if you have not burned the 3-4 clutches).
Old 10-29-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pro Built Automatics
If this happens again, get out of the throttle immediately, do not let it "flare", as this will "finish" off the 3-4 clutch pack. The "modified" Trans-Go Performance Shift kit could solve this (if you have not burned the 3-4 clutches).

A while back at the track durring a burnout I experienced this, while the car was in drive I was doing my burnout and it tapped the rev limiter instead of shifting. Anyhow the engine blew from failed lifters, I have since put in a engine and about 2 weeks ago I lost my 3-4 clutch pack. This "flare" you are talking about, is that what I experienced? and is that what caused my tranny to go bye bye?
Old 10-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pro Built Automatics
Yea after it bounced 2-3 times I realized something was wrong so I backed off. Drove real gentle on the way home, shifted normally at part throttle. Immediately came to the forum gods for advice.