Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Folks with FI and Vacuum modulated trannies inside, please

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Folks with FI and Vacuum modulated trannies inside, please

Anyone running 10 PSI or more? If so, what type of vacuum line are you using from the tranny to your vacuum source for the tranny modulator? the clear hose with the spring inside? I'm at 11 PSI and am having the vac mod installed today and am concerned that even with the bypass valve (that TransGo supplies) installed that the extra pressure may burst/split the clear plastic vacuum line. The install instructions mention that at 10 PSI or above that "pressure hose" should be used. Anyone with hands-on experience?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

I will be doing this shortly myself,I have done a little bit of research on this and some say to make a hard line.Dont know how good that will work with no kind of flex movement when the motor torques over.I was going to check out a heavy duty truck parts store and get some air brake hose they have all different sizes from metric to sae from big to small and can handle 140psi + just and idea,if it works out let me know.

Joe

2001 SS Convertible
Old 12-16-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

The tranny tech and I have settled on braided SS brake line, as he has some extra in the shop and says he also can get the right fittings for the ends. Should work as good(well) as it looks. I will post up on my final outcome with the vac mod and the Edge 3000 stall.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Banned

Default hey

hey listen up, When we install a vac mod we use a good quality gates hose(part#3201105 1/4 inch 4lolv+ 1/4 300 psi x 500), insert the spring, use a good quality hose clamp , clamp all connections and go raceing....I hope this helps Dave