Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reposting my newbie questions in the right forum...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reposting my newbie questions in the right forum...

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions about my 98 Z28 A4. When shifting from 1st to second, its pretty hard, and if I am getting on it a bit, it spins the tires: at first I thought it was form the traction control system, but I turned that off and it still does the same thing and it doesn't shift like that every time either. Would this be a problem with the tranny or is it normal? Also, when I am shifting out of park to any gear, it sometimes takes 2-4 seconds before the transmission goes into gear. I don't know if this is normal, since this is my first F-body and all the other guys I know have M6's and any other automatic I've owned (RWD) has never had much of a delay like that. Normal driving is smooth with good clean shifts. any input would be appreciated!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Have you checked your fluid level? If not, start with that. A delay from park to gear is normal, but 4 seconds is way over the top. Low fluid level can cause that. How long have you had the car and what do you know about what's been done to the transmission? If it's new to you, it may have had a shift kit installed & set up for a hard 1-2 shift.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan, remember, the seller and Carl both said that it had a shift kit installed. Not sure how to prove it. What else made him think this, is that your temp gage and fans seems to be re programmed because the car runs so darn cool.