Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCC Manual Override?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCC Manual Override?

I have heard of installing a switch to lock the TCC at WOT...but, what about installing a switch that prevents it from locking?

Basically, its extremely annoying when trying to roll race and it would be great to keep it out of lockup to play around.

Possible?
Old 04-16-2006, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

converter doesn't lock under wot. Now if you mean that when your cruising down the highway going over 40mph and someone wants you to race, yea the converter will be locked but the second you pass 30% throttle position it unlocks.. Yours could be more or less throttle position depending on any tuning you had done to the car... One way to make it unlock for a few seconds is to tap the brake pedal, you dont have to stand on it just tap it and the converter will unlock.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Addict

That is what I have to do now, and it only lasts for at the longest 1 second before it locks back up again. With the way i'm set up, the lockup hits real hard and it gets extremely annoying trying to play with someone. I would rather disable it for good until i'm done messing around.

Plus, when i'm in 3rd to stay out of OD, the converter still locks. When I punch it, the car goes WOT. About a second later, it downshifts. It really feels like 2 seperate downshifts but i'm already going 40-50mph and I don't think these transmissions will go down into 1st will they? Or will the HD2 kit change this?

It doesn't just go once, but twice and they are spaced about 1-1.5 seconds apart and it really eats a lot of time
Old 04-16-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

get some programming but more importantly get the transgo shift kit, you will be happy. Now i do know what your talking about. The trans shifts like complete crap when stock.. Once you get the shift kit it will shift with almost no delay. I do remember it taking 1-2 seconds just to downshift when i mashed the gas. Shift kit eliminates that delay. Programming will also help a ton, i set my car up to go to first gear at anything under 40mph, let me tell you its night and day difference. My upshift speed i think is 44 mph, this is with a 25.6" tire and 3.23 gears. I just looked at your sign and you have a flt trans. You might want to call them up before you go and get a shift kit. One could already be installed. You do however need to do some programming, you can tune the trans yourself, its not hard at all so buy the program(hp tuners).
Old 04-16-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Let me clarify a little...I have an FLT Level 4 trans with a modified TransGo HD2 kit with vacuum mod kit also.

So can this be worked out with tuning then?

Can you change parameters per gear? Say disable TCC lockup alltogether in 3rd gear only? That would make me happy.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes you can disable tcc for 3rd gear as well as some other cool ****.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

That would be my best bet then, thanks.