Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ticking noise coming from my 4L60 in 99 Z28...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ticking noise coming from my 4L60 in 99 Z28...

I think I have a problem with my tranny. I have noticed that when it is @ Idle w/ the brakes applied that, the transmission makes a slight tinking noise. It doesent get louder w/ Increased RPM's, it actually goes away once you re-apply the gas pedal. I have the stock stall converter as well as no mod's to the tranny. The car has only 43800 Miles on it so I am confused. When I get on the throttle I am unable to hear the noise. Only when;

I come to a stop and am holding the brakes, until I reapply the gas pedal to get moving.

Can anybody help? I am real close to taking it to a tranny shop but I dont know who to trust with the work. There is an AAMCO here and many small shops but they all will most likely try to screw me over on the prices.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Never heard it in person, but my best friend who is a GM master tech had mentioned that a ticking sound can sometimes be a symptom of a cracked flexplate. Maybe something to look at???? He has replaced alot on Heavy duty trucks and some f-bodies, said that a ticking noise is almost always one of the signs? Good luck
Old 05-11-2006, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

Even though it makes the noise only at a stop with a closed throttle?

Quick Reply: Ticking noise coming from my 4L60 in 99 Z28...