Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Tuning after Rebuild?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Tuning after Rebuild?!?!

I just freshened up my tranny Fri. night after work, I have previously had all solenoids replaced, 2-4 servo, and 2-4 band. The trans was running fine before the rebuild, except for the 2-3 shift spraying was getting a little lazy. I installed the Zpak 3-4 clutches, pump spring, rev kit, beast sun shell, and
2-4 band just because I was there. It is acting a little different now, I'm not for sure if there is a problem with the install or if it needs to be tuned a little different now or what, but I wanted to see what you guys think before I go messing with the tune tomorrow. It seems like the torque convertor doesn't like to stay locked up now. You have to be VERY light on the gas for it to stay locked up. It seems to want to d-shift into 3rd very easily on the highway now, and it feels like it doesn't want to engage 3rd on the 2-3 shift really fast at WOT now. It doesn't feel like it slips but as soon as it shifts you almost feel a VERY light chatter just before it engages then it pulls fine. Do you guys think these could be tuning problems with fresh parts?!?! I still have a little TM left on the tune. I didn't know if the increased spring rate from the rev kit is allowing the clutches to engage slower and release faster and need to do something with that. Any ideas would be appreciated!!! Thanks guys!!!