Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone else been waiting a LONG time for a Fuddle converter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has anyone else been waiting a LONG time for a Fuddle converter?

I am going on 6 weeks now since $605 has been paid in full, and nothing............. just excuses about foundry problems. The website states 2-3 weeks build time "because of foundry problems"........ we're double that already.

I for one would like a refund, I've already went another direction because of the time wasted.

If Fuddle is listening, keep the converter whenever it gets built and sell it to someone else when it's done........ and save me the $50 shipping charge. (yes, I said $50 shipping)

Just for fun I went to ups.com and entered their zip, my zip, and a package that weighs 35 lbs. and is insured for $555.............. without any shippers discounts or anything the cost is $23.45............ less than half of what they say is their "standard shipping charge".

Last edited by qwiktim; 06-02-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has it been sent out yet? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and it is being tracked through Fed Ex and suppose to be delivered on 6/2. I quess I will see.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

NO, I have heard nothing from them. I e-mailed them last week and they said foundry problems delayed it and it would go out by the end of the week.......................... STILL NOTHING.

My requests for a refund have been ignored so far.

Old 06-02-2006, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Update:

I filed for a refund through Paypal for the entire amount of the converter and the crazy $50 shipping charge I paid six weeks ago. Since I have no Fuddle converter, and it hasn't arrived when they said more than once, I bought a "competitors" converter........... and it's already in the car.

I just want my money back. Period.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Last edited by qwiktim; 06-02-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Banned

I wish I had my first post about my opinion on fuddle. Small company, small shop, going to out grow itself and customer service is going to suffer. That is until they hire more help, which then the hired help doesn't own the company, it's "just a job".

Foundry problems. What could that be? I also commented about how they have someone else built their converters, maybe they're looking for a new builder. Whats that going to do to their reputation of good quality.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Launching!

/rant on

Man, I dont know if it's just that time of year or if companies have gotten shitty with their customer service and think that everyone should just throw their money at them. I've had nothing but problems getting a transmission. I've waited 9 weeks now and they keep telling me it shipped every 2 days. Now, they finally admitted that it hasnt even been built! Tired of getting jerked around. I agree with qwiktim that it's time to start getting refunds and not giving our money to companies that dont perform. I, the custom, couldnt give a rats *** about foundry problems or any other excuse they come up with. Get me the product in a timely manner, dammit! Sorry to jack your thread man, but I felt your pain.

/rant over
Old 06-02-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll make this shorter than it could be......

On two separate days now, I've left voice messages AND e-mails/PM stating that I need a call back ASAP about getting my faulty converter replaced.....and still did not get in contact with them again until I called and luckily they picked up. (I called over 20 times between 2-3 days)

Just when I think things are getting straightened out, I was promised to have my converter already and it's NOT here. I asked for a phone call or e-mail update with a tracking number when it ships, or "worst case, PLEASE let me know if it doesn't go out and I'll understand"....guess what......nothing......

After waiting a full week to get in contact with them (the long Memorial Day weekend was a part to blame) and finally getting things rolling, I call today to find out why the hell my 'verter isn't here. Guess what, they're out of state testing converters and won't be back until Tuesday.

WHY CAN'T I GET A CALL ON MY CELL PHONE OR A QUICK E-MAIL/PM?! I've told them FIVE times (thru voice message, PM, AND personally over the phone) that they can call me ANY time whatsoever, I don't care if it's midnight or 4 a.m. For the love of God, just keep me updated. I seriously wouldn't think twice about having to wait however long to get it as long as I knew WTF is going on with it.

All my buddies with TCI's, Yank's, Vig's, etc are having a good time rubbing it in my face.

Last edited by Pimpium57; 06-02-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmmm......wonder what's going on all the sudden? I ordered a fuddle two weeks ago, John said they should be able to get it built and shipped quickly and I'd have it before June 3rd. Guess who still doesn't have a converter???? I got a tracking email from fedex on 5/30 saying the estimated delivery date was 6/1. Didn't come in obviously....and today the tracking status says that package info was submitted on 5/30 and the delivery date has been removed. I bet the damn thing hasn't even shipped yet. I even had my buddy's lift scheduled for tomorrow and had it for the whole day.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Wow, just wow. Ok, that did it. I'm scared. Guess Ill stick with Yank.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

damn, i was really looking forward to getting my converter from Fuddle. this thread is really making me change my mind. good thing i didnt jump into a quick decision. but sorry to all you guys having problems with this company, that really sucks. i really do wonder what happened to Fuddle? they were doin so well in the beginning.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

<--- def. going with yank. i hate when companies dont back up there work, and have shitty custome service. heres what i think of them thank you for you time.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:16 AM
On The Tree

Did I mention that I want my money back?

Come on Fuddle............. just do the right thing....... and just so they know, if something suddenly shows up from them at this point, I'm going to refuse delivery anyways.

Last edited by qwiktim; 06-03-2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Banned

A reply to a post of mine a while back. I don't have a fuddle converter, guess who's laughing now. What are all you guys going to do when your fuddle fails, no more warranty Seen it coming, sorry, looks like a hit and run operation to me.
This isn't the only reply to a post of mine, there are more.

Originally Posted by 1jfuddle
A lot of people who have never spoken to us and never used our converter seem to have pretty strong opinions about what our converters can do. Let's clear the record here.
Between LS1Tech and the "other board," we have sold nearly 100 converters. Additionally, before we sold these converters on these boards, we sold converters over the internet, through our web site and on EBay. We also sold the converters locally before this. Additionally, I see diesel truck converters through another business.

I have had ONE converter returned to me so far. We sent him a new converter immediately. When we got his converter back, we opened it up. It was inspected and found to be in great shape with no design flaws. There was nothing wrong. The newer converter has a slightly higher stall, and he is pleased with it.

We have had 2 other converters with possible problems. We sent out new converters to these people as soon as the converters could be built. One converter may have a turbine spline problem. We have not received the converter back yet, so we have not had a chance to inspect it. We have updated the turbine spline design, and it is now practically bulletproof.
The other, we assume the clutch has burned out from a transmission problem. The guy had transmission problems before, and a problem with the converter will not cause it to lock by itself. As we haven't seen the converter yet, we cannot say exactly what caused the problem. We sent him a new converter under warranty because we cover damage caused by outside factors. We stand behind our product no matter what.

The only other problems anyone has ever had are pulse-width modulation and other tuning issues, which happen with any kind of converter, and can be fixed with tuning or a shift kit. To fix these problems, which are not really our problems at all, we have sent free parts and free shift kits to those who have decided not to get tuning because we want our customers to be happy.

Customers get back to us everyday raving about their converters and our customer service. For some reason, the only unsatisfied "customers" seem to be people who don't believe there can be more than one brand of good converter. But we are happy with our product, as are our customers.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks. Something fishy is going on here since they're not getting in touch with any customers.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Banned

The reason for the delay on the HP Series converters is that the first run of covers from the foundry was not up to our standards. The second run of covers arrived this week. These covers are being machined currently, and we are building and shipping them out as quickly as we can, while still making sure it is a quality product we can stand behind.

John, Melissa, and Ashley are out of the state testing converters so we can introduce a new line in June. Others are still at the shop so we can continue to build and ship converters.

As of Thursday afternoon, all emails and messages had been responded to. Our phones this week have been having problems (as it says on the message now). We did not know about this for two days.

Because of the urgency of getting HP Series converters out to customers, and because of the problem we have been having with the phone, we chose to let all customers leave messages and return their calls as soon as we could.

Any customers with direct concerns about their converter, please make sure you have sent an email or PM to us about the situation. We are very sorry for any problems and anyone who feels like they have been neglected. As I said above all emails received by Thursday afternoon have been responded to.

-Aaron
Fuddle Racing
Old 06-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Banned

Our phones this week have been having problems (as it says on the message now). We did not know about this for two days.
My boss uses that one all the time when we can't keep up with customer demands.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

If everyone is out of town "testing converters" they should have tied up loose ends to begin with, including letting customers that have been waiting longer than expected know the status of their orders. None of my requests for a refund have been answered, so I will do it here since you are present................. I want my refund in full, I did not recieve my converter as advertised in a timely mannor, I had to go another direction with the converter decision because of this and had to get my car together, and I no longer need (or want) your converter. Enough of holding my money hostage.

I would like my money ($555 plus $50 shipping) refunded via Paypal ASAP. I have already filed with Paypal to start a claim, so a refund will end this right here and now.

Please refund my payment in full, ASAP.

Tim Stockwell
qwiktim@sssnet.com

Last edited by qwiktim; 06-03-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Launching!

I will still stick with Fuddle, **** happens. My converter is on the way so I quess it is easy for me to say. However just be glad that they have the standards that they do because you could have a defective converter if he just sent out that first batch.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Banned

I was prepared to order a fuddle next week for a 1000hp application.... If I do not see these are fully resolved to customers satisfaction, I will take my business elsewhere.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

I was feeling the same way. I was waiting for him to email me a price for a converter he reccomened for me but it would be foolih to order now with all this issues a mist. Fuddle seems to be a good company and how they handle this situation will make or break them I feel.