Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e accumulator delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 4l80e accumulator delete

I have a 2002 4l80e transmission that i am deleting 3rd and 4th accumulators with a plate from ck performance. I have read several post about deleting them but fall short of telling the whole process of deleting them. I seen to install plate and remove check ***** for the accumulators but like jake said on one post there is more to it than doing that? If there is can someone please tell me. Im new at this but I would rather learn than have someone do it. Thanks
Old 01-14-2019, 07:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,213 Likes on 778 Posts

I've used jakes plate but never CK. They likely handle the accumulator delete in similar ways.

Install the plate and bolt on the accumulator housing delete plate. Torque to spec. Drill your feed hole to whichever size you desire for shift feel.

There is more that can and should be done to the trans as a whole...but for specifically deleting the accumulator, it really is that simple
Old 01-14-2019, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaroonMonsterLS1
I've used jakes plate but never CK. They likely handle the accumulator delete in similar ways.

Install the plate and bolt on the accumulator housing delete plate. Torque to spec. Drill your feed hole to whichever size you desire for shift feel.

There is more that can and should be done to the trans as a whole...but for specifically deleting the accumulator, it really is that simple
Thank you, yes I have done other mods but I was stuck on this one. I Really appreciate it.