Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350 turbo guys step in

Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pinion angle problems!!!350 turbo guys step in

Just did my th350 swap and I'm having some pinion issues. I am using a 4L60e tailshaft with a fitzall spacer. The overall length is with in 1/16 th of an inch from a complete 4L60e. I am using the BMR tranny bracket designed for this swap with the torque arm mount bracket that relocates the torque arm off the tranny. I have a 10 bolt with LCA relocation brackets with the LCA's set to the highest position(making them as close to parallel with the car). I have my torque arm set to the lowest positon on the BMR bracket and my pinion angle still looks to be waaaay off. It is positive 3 degrees right now. what am I missing here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by pirate3; 04-23-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Banned

This doesn't have much of anything to do with a th350. or a transmission.
But besides that where is your pinion angle? Way off doesn't say much. Is it up, down, how many degrees?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
This doesn't have much of anything to do with a th350. or a transmission.
But besides that where is your pinion angle? Way off doesn't say much. Is it up, down, how many degrees?
I was refering to a 350 turbo because quite a few people on here have done the th350 swap and I was seeing if any of THEM had had any similar problems. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pirate3
I was refering to a 350 turbo because quite a few people on here have done the th350 swap and I was seeing if any of THEM had had any similar problems. Thanks for posting.
A turbo 350 swap is not going to change your pinion angle unless you made a custom cross member and really screwed up the engine/transmission angle.

I really don't see how anyone can help you if you don't provide more information as to where your angles are right now.

You might as well just say "my pinion angle is off someone help". Thats about as useful as what you said in your first post.

Sorry I have to put it that way but face the facts, more information is needed to help people help you.

Oh now I see you did post some specific information in your edit.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

How are you measuring your pinion angle?
Old 04-22-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

On my BMR crossmember it has adj holes to help with the overall pinion angle, if u pull the ta to the farest down pos. it will increase ur neg angle cuase it pulls ur pinion down, if this helps any mine is set at the second set of holes then i just adj the rest out with my ta!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My bad i miss read ur post, do u have a adj ta?
Old 04-23-2007, 02:35 AM
TECH Resident

First of all make sure BMR sent you the correct tranny crossmember.
I run a conversion crossmember with TA relocation for my TH400 and initially BMR sent me the wrong part number for my application.

Second, is it an adjustable TA?
Third, how are you measuring your pinion angle?

I know you guys know your ****, you guys welded in my relocation brackets if you remember that far back? Is the yoke pointing toward the floor of the car or pointing toward the ground?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:15 AM
9 Second Club

His pinion is pointed 3* above the c.l. of the tranny.....

The crossmember is a BMR that has an adjustable T/A mount for use with a stock torque arm. Even in its lowest setting the pinion is still pointing to the sky.

Pinion angles were given using an angle finder at the yoke on the rear axle, and in reference to the plane that the output of the tranny is setting.

At this point I even suggested trying to space the rear of the tranny up 1/2" to try to combat the mount. All in an effort to try and get some relationship between the 2 u-joints. It doesn't appear to be viable so I think he's gonna need either a different crossmember or an adj. torque arm, possibly both.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1cdub
His pinion is pointed 3* above the c.l. of the tranny.....

The crossmember is a BMR that has an adjustable T/A mount for use with a stock torque arm. Even in its lowest setting the pinion is still pointing to the sky.

Pinion angles were given using an angle finder at the yoke on the rear axle, and in reference to the plane that the output of the tranny is setting.

At this point I even suggested trying to space the rear of the tranny up 1/2" to try to combat the mount. All in an effort to try and get some relationship between the 2 u-joints. It doesn't appear to be viable so I think he's gonna need either a different crossmember or an adj. torque arm, possibly both.

Give me a call here at the office and I will do what I can to help out

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 04-23-2007, 06:40 PM
9 Second Club

....now thats good business. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

second that. I'll give you a ring tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread