Sponsored by:

Tranny Cooler/ Coolant question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny Cooler/ Coolant question

Here is the situation,

I have a 2007 TBSS. (i don't think my question is model specific)

I bought an aftermarket tranny cooler. When I was installing the cooler I needed to replace the factory quick disconnect fitting on the radiator tranny cooler (flow out) with an AN fitting. Here is my question,

Should coolant have come out of the hole along with tranny fluid when I removed the factory quick disconnect from the raditator?? When I disconnected the return fluid line from the facotry fitting only tranny fluid came out. When i installed my new fitting it did seal (no leaks at all). I "flushed" the line going from the radiatory tranny cooler to the aux tranny cooler. No coolant was entering the line, fluid was flowing due to gravity/ head, the vehicle was not running.

I am worried that I broke something inside the radiator cousing coolant to come out, the factory fitting came off rather easily, I did not hear anything.

thanks eric
Old 04-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you take the fitting out of the radiator??? If you did fluid will come out. There is an o-ring on the end of the fitting that seals the stock tranny cooler in the radiator. I made the same mistake and drank about a gallon of fluid....