Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any Ideas?

Im having some problems with my 98 Z28. Had the motor rebuilt and replaced the tranny in my and the cam that was put in it required a pretty high stall. So a Yank 3600 was put in. I was told with a 2.73 gear in the rear end not to put it into overdrive (or it will burn up overdrive) so when i drive it i keep it in drive. while im driving it and when it gets into drive it pretty much falls on its face and shakes like a ****, but when i let off the gas for a few seconds it stops. It goes through the gears way to quick and dosnt stay stalled up. And when i drove it friday i got on it about half throttle and i thought that the tranny was gunna blow cause it was shakin so bad. Any ideas of what it could be? My brother suggested a shift kit. Any help will be appreciated, Thanks- Zach
Old 11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you had your car tuned for the new converter and motor/cam combination? How does the car run? Misfires? Any codes? Need some more info. Vince
Old 11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I would think with the quick shifts you are looking at a tuning issue as vince mentioned

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-05-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Have you had your car tuned for the new converter and motor/cam combination? How does the car run? Misfires? Any codes? Need some more info. Vince
It has a mail order tune from pcmforless.

From what i can tell the motor runs strong with no misfires. Check eninge light is on but havnt gotten a chance to chek the codes on it.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2007, 05:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach79Z
It has a mail order tune from pcmforless.

From what i can tell the motor runs strong with no misfires. Check eninge light is on but havnt gotten a chance to chek the codes on it.

Thanks
You need to scan for codes before you do anything other wise its like walking in the dark, You will likley find your answer with whatever code is stored ,Let us know what it is .

Call 888-744-6542