Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good trans for a lifted truck?

Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default good trans for a lifted truck?

a guy i work with bought an 03 extended cab seirra with a 6 inch lift, 36 inch tires. truck came with full intake, exhaust, hypertech chip, lift and tires. anyway they original owner left the stock transmission in and only put a shift kit in it at the time, we'll it finally went out but what should he replace the tranny with? a 4l60 with another shift kit or a 4l80? other suggestions?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I would suggest a built 4l60e if you dont want to go to the exspense and effort of the 4L80E from one of the sponsors. You may want o take a look at our Heavy haulers and level 3 series or give us a call

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think the decision for a new unit would be best answered by determining what type of duty the truck will see. If it is primarily off road then I would recommend a 4L80E because of the simple fact that it will much more durable in the long run.

Because of the fact that he is not drag racing it obviously, he is however moving a lot of weight. There for the alternative for a daily driver situation would be a well built 4L65E... or one of our Stage 3 transmissions that has the added durablilty of 5 pinion planet assemblies.

Don't hesitate to call, or have your friend call for more details on what we can build for that combination!

g
Old 11-07-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

ok i'll let him know today, thanks

btw i suggested a 4l80 beings that it's a lifted truck and it's got strain right there to get that thing moving in the first place and he drives it like it's a vette so it might be smarter to pick up that one . . . and i forgot he need's a new transfer case

Search this Thread