Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vibration problem please help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vibration problem please help.

i have a 02 trans am ls1 with a auto , when in park a can rev the car right around 2300 rpm's and i get a vibration thru the floor and center console and drive it about 65mph and get the same vibration when driving about 65mph if i put the car in neutral it gets worse i can turn the car off at 65mph and the vibration is still there anyone have any ideals please help . I am starting to belive the trans itself is bad input or output shaft i have know idea i am lost lol.

list of new parts complete new rear , u-joints , motor mounts , trans mount, tourque converter, tourque arm mount is also good and flex plate is good .
Old 11-09-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Pinion angle? Driveshaft out of balance? Those would be the 2 items I would look at first....

Jack
Old 11-09-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

This doesn't sound like a single issue. More like a compound problem. If it vibrates in park AND at speed with the motor turned off, then the two vibrations have nothing to do with each other unless the transmission-to-bellhousing bolts have backed out quite a bit.
Has anyone worked on the Torque Converter or transmission recently?
Things to check (from easiest to hardest)
1. Transmission crossmember bolts to the body
2. Transmission mount bolt/nut
3. The two big torque arm bolts at the differential
4. Missing bolt/nut on torque converter to flywheel
5. Loose bellhousing to block bolts

Hope you find it.
Dave

Originally Posted by 02ttop
i have a 02 trans am ls1 with a auto , when in park a can rev the car right around 2300 rpm's and i get a vibration thru the floor and center console and drive it about 65mph and get the same vibration when driving about 65mph if i put the car in neutral it gets worse i can turn the car off at 65mph and the vibration is still there anyone have any ideals please help . I am starting to belive the trans itself is bad input or output shaft i have know idea i am lost lol.

list of new parts complete new rear , u-joints , motor mounts , trans mount, tourque converter, tourque arm mount is also good and flex plate is good .
Old 11-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea checked all that but have not checked the 2 bolts at the rear of the touqre arm thanks i will check there.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:45 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What type of mounts were installed? When did you first notice the vibration? Had something recently been done on the vehicle that could of caused this? If the trans had just been out of the vehicle make sure that your exhaust is not rubbing anything. Vince