Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shifting questions: TM, firmness, lock up, etc

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default shifting questions: TM, firmness, lock up, etc

I am not exactly sure where to have my tuner set a bunch of shifting adjustments. I put a TR224 cam in with TSP 5.3L heads on my full bolt on car. The stall is stock along with the tranny right now. Once it goes, both will be replaced. The car is not a daily driver. I only go to the track a few times a year but I want the best performance as possible. Here are a few questions and baselines that i may start at:

--Torque management (TM) out 50% on 1-2 shift at full throttle; TM out 75% on 2-3 shift at full throttle; and take out somewhere around 10-20% at part throttle.

--Can I tune down the shift times too? I am not 100% sure how this works?

--For shift firmness I am not sure what to do either. Right now the downshifts are a little rough for what I like so I am going to have him adjust that down from where he has it.

--I know the computer has some sort of setting on how much torque to allow. I thought I read it may be around 350 ft-lbs. Do I need to mess with this?

--Finally, I know some people mess with their locking up on their convertor. I am not sure what effects this will have. Should I make any changes here?

Any suggestions would be great!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any suggestions?