Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you tap your tranny temp sender into either the feed or return cooler line?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How did you tap your tranny temp sender into either the feed or return cooler line?

I got my tranny temp guage today in the mail. I will be installing it this weekend. I want to put the sender in the cooler feed line that feeds to the external cooler but I am not sure how all of you did it. Did you guy a T fitting or something and just plumb it in there? Please explain how you tapped into one of those lines.

Or do you think I should just put it in the pressure port on the side of the transmisison? I have seen lots of controversy over this from doing the search feature and it doesnt seem like there is a for sure way to do it. Lets hear some more input on the subject. thanks
Old 12-28-2007, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can get a brass tee fitting , and i believe the tubing is 5/16,use compression connectors.If you have a FASTENAL company nearby, they should have everything you need .
Old 12-29-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hose should 5/16". Use a brass T fitting with barbed ends and just take the sender with you, so you'll have the right size and get some teflon tape. Also if you are using a rubber hose, you'll have to run a ground(braze a piece of wire onto it) from the fitting to a suitable ground on the chassis or the guage will not operate.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twotonefreak
The hose should 5/16". Use a brass T fitting with barbed ends and just take the sender with you, so you'll have the right size and get some teflon tape. Also if you are using a rubber hose, you'll have to run a ground(braze a piece of wire onto it) from the fitting to a suitable ground on the chassis or the guage will not operate.
I have never had to braze anything before. I am guessing it is similar to soldering which I have done plenty of. Is there anything special I need to braze a piece of wire to the fitting?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soldering is actually what you'll have to do. Sorry for the confusion.