Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I Hook Up The Trans Cooler Correctly ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I Hook Up The Trans Cooler Correctly ??

Did I Hook Up The A/m Transcooler Correctly. I Want The Transmission Fluid To Flow This Order.out Let From Transmission To Radiator/oem Transcooler To A/m Cooler To Back Into Transmission .

There Are Two Transmission Lines Hooked Up To The Lt Back Side On The Radiator. One On Top & One On Bottom. Is The Top Transmission Line That Is Mounted On The Top Back Side Of The Radiator Inlet Line On A 2004 Gto ? I Used The Top Line To Splice Into The B&m Aftermarket Transcooler. I Am Not Positive If I Used The Correct Line & I Need Someone Who Knows To Let Me Know Whether I Hooked It Up Corrrectly So I Can Have A Peace Of Mind That My Trans. Will Not Fail Prematurely Because I Didn't Hook It Up Correctly.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

I see 26 members view this post but no reply. Come on guys.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Default Lines

Bottom line on the trans is feed/pressure. Go from that line (pressure) to the radiator then from the radiator to the add on cooler and then back to top port /line on the trans.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wickedv6
Bottom line on the trans is feed/pressure. Go from that line (pressure) to the radiator then from the radiator to the add on cooler and then back to top port /line on the trans.
I tapped the a/m cooler into top line on the back of the rdiator. Did I use the correct line ?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Teching In

Default Trans lines

On my Camaro the top (@ the radiator) was the pressure. I would assume it is the same on a GTO. It will not hurt anything either way. If you want to check it zip tie a clear bag to it and just bump the car over. The pressure side will obviously pump fluid out.

Quick Reply: Did I Hook Up The Trans Cooler Correctly ??