Other
47.62%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Who has the best built 4L60's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FLT Level 5 for me...I beat the three strike rule. Two times with another builder, third time FLT for me. Going in with a yank pt4000

Old 04-07-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 454mag
Thanks to performabut I am now an expert at swapping 4l60e trans. The first took sseveral hours the second I was down to four and the third I was able to swap in just over two hours. Three trannys and four torque converters in under 500 miles must be a new record. I can tell you who the next one will not come from. Warranty or not three strikes and im out 1700 bucks. If I had not already installed this one under warranty I would have sent it to one of the reputable shops ---ACE or FLT to rebuild my new level II trans before I even installed it.
same story hear but we did send there 3rd trans to flt, sorry to hear all that bull shyt,it should not be that way when they advertise a performance product it should be, but my stock tranny out performed theres! but we went threw the same thing with them,YOU ARE NOT ALONE.........................

FLT rebuilt the 3rd trans performabut sent us & it works like a charm the first time,not the 3rd. the way it should be,what we pay for........

talk to vince he really done us right & good luck ........
Old 04-07-2008, 04:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 454mag
Thanks to performabut I am now an expert at swapping 4l60e trans. The first took sseveral hours the second I was down to four and the third I was able to swap in just over two hours. Three trannys and four torque converters in under 500 miles must be a new record. I can tell you who the next one will not come from. Warranty or not three strikes and im out 1700 bucks. If I had not already installed this one under warranty I would have sent it to one of the reputable shops ---ACE or FLT to rebuild my new level II trans before I even installed it.
Originally Posted by heymoej
same story hear but we did send there 3rd trans to flt, sorry to hear all that bull shyt,it should not be that way when they advertise a performance product it should be, but my stock tranny out performed theres! but we went threw the same thing with them,YOU ARE NOT ALONE.........................

FLT rebuilt the 3rd trans performabut sent us & it works like a charm the first time,not the 3rd. the way it should be,what we pay for........

talk to vince he really done us right & good luck ........

Ok what are you gonna do guys? Every time someone says something good about us pop up over and over.

HEYMOEJ we went to great expense also to try and get you fixed, Dint work out , On the third unit it was run in our test vehicle here by me, Yet after it was disassemble then put on the dyno there it didnt work I beleave it was said started in second, That leaves a few possibilites.

1- I am and IDIOT! and dont know the difference between a trans startinging in first gear or second.

2- I intentionally sent you a trans that didnt work even knowing in advance that somene else would be taking it apart and or testing it, Again that would make me and IDIOT.

3-Or 3 the impossible! It would have worked fine if it had never been taken aparts before it was dynoed of course I realize that when some people take a trans aparts and put it back together its impossible for them to make a mistake or change something. Of course if they were that good you would think they would have caught what ever was wrong when they had it apart. But What do I know I have just been building 700r4 transmissions and 4l60e for 25 years.

You made it impossible to reach any resolution with you. You wanted a full refund and you keep the trans. Any person who thinks in any logical manor would have simply sent the trans back at the time and ask for a refund which at the time we had allready agreed that if it didnt work out this time we would have done just that plus paid the R&I to your installer. But you didnt install it and you took it apart and then said it didnt then kept it. Try that at walmart or anywhere! I bet the end result will be the same you would get nothing back.
So keep posting and being childish. ITS OVER! We followed all proper proceedures and did as much as anyone could do. Why it all happened I cant say. Only one of your two failures the first one made any sense. The second was completely different and involved every clutch and steel in the trans being melted down but with every hard part and seal perfect. The first one just broke the snap ring out of the input drum.
But that third unit we sent worked as perfect as any I have seen in our test vehicle and was tested and tested and tested because we knew exactly what was going to happen and thats also why there was a pictorial record made of every step of the build. So I have nothing else to say to you, If you like playing little games fine. Have we ever have any failures of course we have 800 plus units out there right now in applications ranging from 600 rwhp truck and 10.35 trans ams. Including at least 1 LEVEL 1 in a 550 rwhp camaro. So I am quite proud of our units and the very high success rate. But I will say you are doing exactly what you said you would if we didnt refund your money and let you keep the trans you would do exactly as you have been.

454mag
Yes you also had issues that I thought were settled. You purchased back in may of last year. We had a few issue at the time, That was when we were using this constantley taunted one builder to 1 trans system no cookie cutter and we had a builder who didnt always do what he was supposed to we didnt know that then. We have dealt with the units he built and stood behind them and hes not with us anymore nor do we do the one builder to one trans system any more for that reason, Now everything is done exactly according the the specifications I laid out rather than according to what some individual builder thinks. We were there anytime and every time you called because we do care very much about our customers and are there even on the weekends and night when they have a problem and need us our issue or not. You have only recently decided to start posting about this and I am curious why now why not whe you were having the problem. Its interesting that the post you make started happening just about the same time as heymoej. I realize and am aware that he has done things ranging from searches to find anyone with issue and even PMing people who did in and attempt to get as many people as he could to post. I know this because some of those people PMed me. Wether thats what happened in your case I do not know but I do think its strange.

But these are the facts. We make IMO and excellent product at and excellent price. We have in excess of 800 units out there, Can you find units that had problems? Sure but they are a small percenatge of the total. Unforunate but they can happen and when they do we take care of them. And If anyone else does enough trans they will eventually too. Unless they are claiming to be the god of the 60e no one would say it wont or cant happen that would be foolish. Transmissions are built by people people can make mistakes. Parts can have problems, The greatest thing we ever did was use the test vehicle and now the dyno, Its allowed us to eliminate any detectable issue. Is it fool proof? No I dont think theres any system thats fool proof but it does a good job with it we have seen more than a few new GM PCS and solenoid with issues. Things we could never have caught before. We have found issue with trans cases we never would have before. We had a unit recently that after being built was allways in a forward gear, I was called over to look at it , We found nothing obviously wrong We changed the VB still same. We changed the pump and front drums, Still the same. Then even though looking and looking I could see nothing wrong we changed the case. Problem solved case chopped up for scrap now. But never did find anything wrong with it. And before the test vehicle or the dyno that unit would have left, Now it wouldnt.
Our quality control is well beyond what most people could imagine.

On warranties we have a very long warranty For instance from many vendors 454mag would be out of waranty now. And that would be it. We have that warranty because we beleave in our product. Having one that long if we didnt would make us IDIOTS again. Since and average cost on a warranty for us is around 1000 dollars time we handle shipping and all and we have done that on more than a few occasions for issueS that were not our fault. I cant count on two hands how many units we have replaced pumps in either by sending the customer one or bringing it back to us at our exspense and fixing it after the converter was miss installed and the pump broken.
We maintain the highest standard of quality control possible and we stand behind every unit we sell. And theres no one that can say we are not there when you call.

I am sorry if I sound like I am on a soap box . But These few people who did have and issue I opologize to but things happen we are all human and all we can do is try and make them right when the opuritunity is given. But posting every chance they get the same people over and over and the same people pushing our competition at the same time is getting old. If you have a problem with Me or our company contact me! it isnt like I am hard to get a hold of as everyone knows Or post in the feedback section. I think thats why its there?

Thats all I have to say about this Enough is Enough. Lets behave like adults not children taunting in the playground.

As you can see above and look around we have a whole bunch of very happy customers out there, The fact is though sometimes no matter how hard you try you cant make everyone happy. But we do go the extra mile IMO

Call 888-744-6542

Last edited by performabuilt; 04-07-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whoa....
CPT Cahall Performance Transmissions in Delaware....

frank is a great guy and has talked on the phone with my for half an hours at a time... anwser all my idiotic questions... i should get my tranny back in about a week and pending on the results he is really great...
Old 04-07-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Ok what are you gonna do guys? Every time someone says something good about us pop up over and over.

HEYMOEJ we went to great expense also to try and get you fixed, Dint work out , On the third unit it was run in our test vehicle here by me, Yet after it was disassemble then put on the dyno there it didnt work I beleave it was said started in second, That leaves a few possibilites.

1- I am and IDIOT! and dont know the difference between a trans startinging in first gear or second.

2- I intentionally sent you a trans that didnt work even knowing in advance that somene else would be taking it apart and or testing it, Again that would make me and IDIOT.

3-Or 3 the impossible! It would have worked fine if it had never been taken aparts before it was dynoed of course I realize that when some people take a trans aparts and put it back together its impossible for them to make a mistake or change something. Of course if they were that good you would think they would have caught what ever was wrong when they had it apart. But What do I know I have just been building 700r4 transmissions and 4l60e for 25 years.

You made it impossible to reach any resolution with you. You wanted a full refund and you keep the trans. Any person who thinks in any logical manor would have simply sent the trans back at the time and ask for a refund which at the time we had allready agreed that if it didnt work out this time we would have done just that plus paid the R&I to your installer. But you didnt install it and you took it apart and then said it didnt then kept it. Try that at walmart or anywhere! I bet the end result will be the same you would get nothing back.
So keep posting and being childish. ITS OVER! We followed all proper proceedures and did as much as anyone could do. Why it all happened I cant say. Only one of your two failures the first one made any sense. The second was completely different and involved every clutch and steel in the trans being melted down but with every hard part and seal perfect. The first one just broke the snap ring out of the input drum.
But that third unit we sent worked as perfect as any I have seen in our test vehicle and was tested and tested and tested because we knew exactly what was going to happen and thats also why there was a pictorial record made of every step of the build. So I have nothing else to say to you, If you like playing little games fine. Have we ever have any failures of course we have 800 plus units out there right now in applications ranging from 600 rwhp truck and 10.35 trans ams. Including at least 1 LEVEL 1 in a 550 rwhp camaro. So I am quite proud of our units and the very high success rate. But I will say you are doing exactly what you said you would if we didnt refund your money and let you keep the trans you would do exactly as you have been.

454mag
Yes you also had issues that I thought were settled. You purchased back in may of last year. We had a few issue at the time, That was when we were using this constantley taunted one builder to 1 trans system no cookie cutter and we had a builder who didnt always do what he was supposed to we didnt know that then. We have dealt with the units he built and stood behind them and hes not with us anymore nor do we do the one builder to one trans system any more for that reason, Now everything is done exactly according the the specifications I laid out rather than according to what some individual builder thinks. We were there anytime and every time you called because we do care very much about our customers and are there even on the weekends and night when they have a problem and need us our issue or not. You have only recently decided to start posting about this and I am curious why now why not whe you were having the problem. Its interesting that the post you make started happening just about the same time as heymoej. I realize and am aware that he has done things ranging from searches to find anyone with issue and even PMing people who did in and attempt to get as many people as he could to post. I know this because some of those people PMed me. Wether thats what happened in your case I do not know but I do think its strange.

But these are the facts. We make IMO and excellent product at and excellent price. We have in excess of 800 units out there, Can you find units that had problems? Sure but they are a small percenatge of the total. Unforunate but they can happen and when they do we take care of them. And If anyone else does enough trans they will eventually too. Unless they are claiming to be the god of the 60e no one would say it wont or cant happen that would be foolish. Transmissions are built by people people can make mistakes. Parts can have problems, The greatest thing we ever did was use the test vehicle and now the dyno, Its allowed us to eliminate any detectable issue. Is it fool proof? No I dont think theres any system thats fool proof but it does a good job with it we have seen more than a few new GM PCS and solenoid with issues. Things we could never have caught before. We have found issue with trans cases we never would have before. We had a unit recently that after being built was allways in a forward gear, I was called over to look at it , We found nothing obviously wrong We changed the VB still same. We changed the pump and front drums, Still the same. Then even though looking and looking I could see nothing wrong we changed the case. Problem solved case chopped up for scrap now. But never did find anything wrong with it. And before the test vehicle or the dyno that unit would have left, Now it wouldnt.
Our quality control is well beyond what most people could imagine.

On warranties we have a very long warranty For instance from many vendors 454mag would be out of waranty now. And that would be it. We have that warranty because we beleave in our product. Having one that long if we didnt would make us IDIOTS again. Since and average cost on a warranty for us is around 1000 dollars time we handle shipping and all and we have done that on more than a few occasions for issueS that were not our fault. I cant count on two hands how many units we have replaced pumps in either by sending the customer one or bringing it back to us at our exspense and fixing it after the converter was miss installed and the pump broken.
We maintain the highest standard of quality control possible and we stand behind every unit we sell. And theres no one that can say we are not there when you call.

I am sorry if I sound like I am on a soap box . But These few people who did have and issue I opologize to but things happen we are all human and all we can do is try and make them right when the opuritunity is given. But posting every chance they get the same people over and over and the same people pushing our competition at the same time is getting old. If you have a problem with Me or our company contact me! it isnt like I am hard to get a hold of as everyone knows Or post in the feedback section. I think thats why its there?

Thats all I have to say about this Enough is Enough. Lets behave like adults not children taunting in the playground.

As you can see above and look around we have a whole bunch of very happy customers out there, The fact is though sometimes no matter how hard you try you cant make everyone happy. But we do go the extra mile IMO
I completely agree. Its the same guys over and over who pop up in every thread. HEYMOEJ is the worst of them all. I can't read 1 thread without his cookie cutter "Do it right the first time" slogan. Lay off the macro button you made for that line and maybe try to contribute to the ls1tech community.

Its a 3 way tie between MATTD, 454MAG and 99Hawk262 for 2nd place for constantly putting down Performabuilt.

Anyone who reads through the forums consistently would probably come up with the same conclusion I have. That it would be HIGHLY likely that at least one of you is working with other builders and probably getting paid to do it. Either that or your 14 years old and can't understand that no matter who you get to build you a product, it will NEVER be perfect. At some point its going to fail. I guess you never bought a new a car and had to take it to the dealership right?

Now imagine if every infant posted "Man, my check engine light came on in my new F150 today...guess I should have gone with Toyota and been done with it" Thats what its like for me every time I read your posts (HEYMOEJ especially). Cut the crap and get over it...I'm sure you select few could post something more productive.

Thats all I'm going to say. PERFORMABUILT: keep doing what your doing and don't let the 0.2% get to you. There are far more people supporting you than those "other" guys.

Last edited by BOA279; 04-07-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=performabuilt;9100897]Ok what are you gonna do guys? Every time someone says something good about us pop up over and over.

no,just when someone asks a ? on here who to go with they deserve to know.we have honestly tried you & FLT, FLT products out shines your product,so i can tell people the difference,correct?

then you should have paid all of the cost we incurred from your product braking & stranding us,you did not & FLT said they would have!remember?

after your first 2 units failed who knows?

well the first 2 you sent did not work for very long so who knows?FLT got it right the first time.

here again your first 2 failed & FLT did not want to blow your 3rd one up on there dyno! well you would think in 25 years of learning that you would not have to send 2 more trannys out to warranty the first one?

not impossible,your product was costing us money!!!!! sent a brand new yank pt4000 back to be cleaned out twice @ $325 a pop,we did not want to do that again or pay straightline again so we had your 3rd unit sent out for a test before the install & the trans just did not make the cut...........

childish no! facts yes,your products cost us money! you could pay are out of pocket expenses for your faulty products?thats right i already asked you that.

again frank you could of handled it much better,you gave the right to say all of this because the way you handled it.we are the customer & you advertise a performance product.you said you were gonna fix this & you never did.
i see you have some working units & good for those customers because no one should go threw what we have & they paid for exactly that a working product so i am happy for them................they praise your product & should if it works just like i praise FLT,VFN,TEXAS SPEED,STRAIGHTLINE PERFORMANCE,TOMZ WHEELS,BYUNSPEED & so on but you sir left a bad taste.......................
Old 04-07-2008, 06:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

[quote=heymoej;9101727]

no,just when someone asks a ? on here who to go with they deserve to know.we have honestly tried you & FLT, FLT products out shines your product,so i can tell people the difference,correct?

then you should have paid all of the cost we incurred from your product braking & stranding us,you did not & FLT said they would have!remember?

after your first 2 units failed who knows?

well the first 2 you sent did not work for very long so who knows?FLT got it right the first time.

here again your first 2 failed & FLT did not want to blow your 3rd one up on there dyno! well you would think in 25 years of learning that you would not have to send 2 more trannys out to warranty the first one?

not impossible,your product was costing us money!!!!! sent a brand new yank pt4000 back to be cleaned out twice @ $325 a pop,we did not want to do that again or pay straightline again so we had your 3rd unit sent out for a test before the install & the trans just did not make the cut...........

childish no! facts yes,your products cost us money! you could pay are out of pocket expenses for your faulty products?thats right i already asked you that.

again frank you could of handled it much better,you gave the right to say all of this because the way you handled it.we are the customer & you advertise a performance product.you said you were gonna fix this & you never did.
i see you have some working units & good for those customers because no one should go threw what we have & they paid for exactly that a working product so i am happy for them................they praise your product & should if it works just like i praise FLT,VFN,TEXAS SPEED,STRAIGHTLINE PERFORMANCE,TOMZ WHEELS,BYUNSPEED & so on but you sir left a bad taste.......................
Well then you should praise them I agree the childish part is to just do the same thing over and over, The request you made and I still have a copy of it REQUESTING A REFUND AND YOU KEEP THE TRANS OR ELSE YOU WOULD DO EXACTLY WHAT YOUR DOING NOW would be called exhortion or blackmail by many , And from and economics standpoint wouldnt you have come out much better to have just stuck with the agreement and installed the trans and then if it didnt work out let us have it picked up at our exspense and pay the R&I and refund your money. Rather than doing it they way you did when you knew that once you went in that direction that all would be and absolute no, I dont get your logic. You post not to try and warn people about us because as you said to we have many very happy customers, You post in a vengfull way just trying to inflict damage if you can. That is your goal its what you said you would do if we didnt comply and thats what you are doing. I think its childish really. The correct thing for you to have done was just return the trans got your money back and that would have been it. Got a 200 dollar core or your original trans since we dont ask for a core and rebuilt it instead you would have come out 1600 dollars to the better. There was good reason for it to be done as it was i am sure, you would have come out much better finacially if that was your goal. As for the other stuff well I have been building for 25 years and I will say this because its the truth can I say I never make a mistake, No any builder who says that IMO I would beware of for sure. But I was directly involved in that last unit and There was no mistake and it did do everything it was supposed to when it left our shop.

Call 888-744-6542

Last edited by performabuilt; 04-07-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOA279
I completely agree. Its the same guys over and over who pop up in every thread. HEYMOEJ is the worst of them all. I can't read 1 thread without his cookie cutter "Do it right the first time" slogan. Lay off the macro button you made for that line and maybe try to contribute to the ls1tech community.

i do everyday by telling the truth about my experiences,good or bad! if it did not happen i would not say it,its that simple dont read it..........its america!

Its a 3 way tie between MATTD, 454MAG and 99Hawk262 for 2nd place for constantly putting down Performabuilt.

well lets see 454mag is on his 3rd trans from performabuilt just like we were & in your eyes we should keep our mouthes closed? be happy we are out $3500? after what we went threw they gave us the right to say everything we say,why because it happened & if i can help 1 poor soul out by telling my side i will..................i wish some one out there warned us!!!!!

Anyone who reads through the forums consistently would probably come up with the same conclusion I have. That it would be HIGHLY likely that at least one of you is working with other builders and probably getting paid to do it. Either that or your 14 years old and can't understand that no matter who you get to build you a product, it will NEVER be perfect. At some point its going to fail. I guess you never bought a new a car and had to take it to the dealership right?

lol. then why did we by performabuilt to begin with,i would of got a free one from the other shop i work at,right?lol. yes i understand failures but being on & off your back after consecutive tranny pulls & your car out of use & no reimbursement for all the money your spending & on & on it was very diss heartning.yes at some point it will fail everything does but there first one went 1500 miles & the second 250 miles is that acceptable to you??????????????

Now imagine if every infant posted "Man, my check engine light came on in my new F150 today...guess I should have gone with Toyota and been done with it" Thats what its like for me every time I read your posts (HEYMOEJ especially). Cut the crap and get over it...I'm sure you select few could post something more productive.

i am comparing 2 sponsors here, one whos product works very well the first time & one sent 3 trannys,who would you go with or what would you say?

Thats all I'm going to say. PERFORMABUILT: keep doing what your doing and don't let the 0.2% get to you. There are far more people supporting you than those "other" guys.
i will try to answer some of your remarks.

Last edited by heymoej; 04-07-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=performabuilt;9101897]

Well then you should praise them I agree the childish part is to just do the same thing over and over, The request you made and I still have a copy of it REQUESTING A REFUND AND YOU KEEP THE TRANS OR ELSE YOU WOULD DO EXACTLY WHAT YOUR DOING NOW would be called exhortion or blackmail by many , And from and economics standpoint wouldnt you have come out much better to have just stuck with the agreement and installed the trans and then if it didnt work out let us have it picked up at our exspense and pay the R&I and refund your money. Rather than doing it they way you did when you knew that once you went in that direction that all would be and absolute no, I dont get your logic. You post not to try and warn people about us because as you said to we have many very happy customers, You post in a vengfull way just trying to inflict damage if you can. That is your goal its what you said you would do if we didnt comply and thats what you are doing. I think its childish really. The correct thing for you to have done was just return the trans got your money back and that would have been it, you would have come out much better finacially if that was your goal. As for the other stuff well I have been building for 25 years and I will say this because its the truth can I say I never make a mistake, No any builder who says that IMO I would beware of for sure. But I was directly involved in that last unit and There was no mistake and it did do everything it was supposed to when it left our shop.
it is childish to have to pull tranny after tranny & still brake down when you pay good money & get products that dont work! if they would have worked we would not be here,i think we earned the right to speak & thats what i will do & its not like i am lying.............it happened & we never were reimbursed 1 red cent for anything.......................................... ..........
Old 04-07-2008, 07:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

[quote=
it is childish to have to pull tranny after tranny & still brake down when you pay good money & get products that dont work! if they would have worked we would not be here,i think we earned the right to speak & thats what i will do & its not like i am lying.............it happened & we never were reimbursed 1 red cent for anything.......................................... ..........[/quote]

Thats because you kept everything, Go try and get a refund from walmart or k mart or anywhere I dont care how many times you bought the tv back but go back the last time without the tv and say I am keeping the TV but I want a refund! See how far you get.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats because you kept everything, Go try and get a refund from walmart or k mart or anywhere I dont care how many times you bought the tv back but go back the last time without the tv and say I am keeping the TV but I want a refund! See how far you get.
then 1 simple ? why did FLT say they would have reimbursed us if it was there unit? why?
Old 04-07-2008, 07:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

well guess i wll get some popcorn for this one
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

i will try to answer some of your remarks.
I can understand where your coming from as I have a stock tranny toasted in the garage. A stage 3 Raptor with the torque drive upgrade in pieces and another one in the car now that lost the 3/4 clutches in less than 1000 miles.
Whats the difference between me and you? Im not on here everyday screaming "Dont buy from PATC....there stuff is crap." Why? Because I know I'm that small majority that happened to have something go wrong multiple times. Could have been the tranny...could have been tuning...could have been something minor with the install but the bottom line is stuff happens for reasons out of EVERYONE'S control.

I know its not fun and definatly not cheap as I live in Germany and don't have the luxury of "free shipping" and quick turn around times when they do fail so my car is down far longer than the average persons.

Just an observation...perhaps its a tuning issue you were having. Your tune may have done crazy things with your line pressure causing the failures....which now with your vacuum modded FLT unit would make no difference. The problem may still be there, just masked as long as the vacuum mod is there. You just never know.

I fully support your promotion of other builders but not the constant "don't go with the "other" guys" comments. You want to promote the builder of your choice then a simple "FLT is top notch..give them a call" is just as effective.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can understand where your coming from as I have a stock tranny toasted in the garage. A stage 3 Raptor with the torque drive upgrade in pieces and another one in the car now that lost the 3/4 clutches in less than 1000 miles.
Whats the difference between me and you? Im not on here everyday screaming "Dont buy from PATC....there stuff is crap." Why? Because I know I'm that small majority that happened to have something go wrong multiple times. Could have been the tranny...could have been tuning...could have been something minor with the install but the bottom line is stuff happens for reasons out of EVERYONE'S control.

I know its not fun and definatly not cheap as I live in Germany and don't have the luxury of "free shipping" and quick turn around times when they do fail so my car is down far longer than the average persons.

Just an observation...perhaps its a tuning issue you were having. Your tune may have done crazy things with your line pressure causing the failures....which now with your vacuum modded FLT unit would make no difference. The problem may still be there, just masked as long as the vacuum mod is there. You just never know.

I fully support your promotion of other builders but not the constant "don't go with the "other" guys" comments. You want to promote the builder of your choice then a simple "FLT is top notch..give them a call" is just as effective.
thank you..it is still an open wound & my wasted money had to buy me something.....lol.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

then 1 simple ? why did FLT say they would have reimbursed us if it was there unit? why?
I highly doubt thats true and would like to hear what FLT has to say about that. In that case, I need to order one from FLT right now, leave it in the crate and tell them it crapped out to get my money back. There is no way any business would do that.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

chris @ circle d is bad ***, havent really dealt with anyone else
Old 04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah shoot, busted. Yep, I'm gettin paid the big bucks for stating some simple truths. I'll put it to you very nicely.....you don't know me, and you have not a clue what I know or what I've seen. I have not simply jumped on the bandwagon (I assure you I have personal experience). All my comments are backed several times over. Trust me, there are more people who've had problems with Performabuilt than you'll ever know. Most don't post on here, or the posts were deleted.

I simply try to let people know the whole story so they can make an educated decision when paying that kind of money. I talked to Frank numerous times and almost bought a unit from him.....but some very good members showed me the folly of my ways. And when was the last time I made a comment anyway? It's been a while. Go ahead with your sub-par tranny. Anyone who thinks Performabuilt's unit are on par with FLT's can keep right on kidding themselves.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Well maybe they have never run into a situation quite like yours, Maybe they havent been threatened,(blackmailed) Maybe maybe, You never know. Personally I would never have become involved with another vendors product to start with, We have fixed and worked on other various vendors stuff in various forums but only after explaining to the customer that they would have no rights with that vendor anymore and that we would not be a party to any bashing etc. Personally tables turned I would have said hey ill furnish you a core for 200 send the others guys back get your money back and lets move on. But then thats me, We dont play that way we dont get involved in other vendors issues or stuff. I will make a helpfull post when I see I can.But never and bad post or coment about any vendor period past present or future. You will even hear me say that any of us sponsors can serve your needs when I see someone needs something. But thats here nor there, You made a choice that cost you 1600 dollars, You could have made another choice and been 1600 dollars to the better. I dont have explanation as to what happend with your two trans, The first like I said was a simple failure the second was nothing short of amazing in my 25 years I have never seen anything like it a trans with a perfect pump every seal good no valves stuck.Yet every clutch in it was burned to the melting ponit I have no idea, But I do know that we did stand behind it and made agreements with you on the last unit and you not us did not keep the agreeement. I am finished with this conversation , You got your chance once again to stand on your soap box and you will never be happy no matter what move we make or could have made. There is nothing I can do for you, There is no fix. You once again have tried to make this thread and section into your personal feedback section.
Its unfortunate this occurred , But hey it did. We offered every avenue we could reasonably and even would have been in agreement to have the whole car taken to a non involved party to try and figure it out however as you said when you did what you did you wanted to be able to POST in the forums.
I do opologize we could not find a way to please you it was not for lack of trying though this I know.
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-07-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well maybe they have never run into a situation quite like yours, Maybe they havent been threatened,(blackmailed) Maybe maybe, You never know. Personally I would never have become involved with another vendors product to start with, We have fixed and worked on other various vendors stuff in various forums but only after explaining to the customer that they would have no rights with that vendor anymore and that we would not be a party to any bashing etc. Personally tables turned I would have said hey ill furnish you a core for 200 send the others guys back get your money back and lets move on. But then thats me, We dont play that way we dont get involved in other vendors issues or stuff. I will make a helpfull post when I see I can.But never and bad post or coment about any vendor period past present or future. You will even hear me say that any of us sponsors can serve your needs when I see someone needs something. But thats here nor there, You made a choice that cost you 1600 dollars, You could have made another choice and been 1600 dollars to the better. I dont have explanation as to what happend with your two trans, The first like I said was a simple failure the second was nothing short of amazing in my 25 years I have never seen anything like it a trans with a perfect pump every seal good no valves stuck.Yet every clutch in it was burned to the melting ponit I have no idea, But I do know that we did stand behind it and made agreements with you on the last unit and you not us did not keep the agreeement. I am finished with this conversation , You got your chance once again to stand on your soap box and you will never be happy no matter what move we make or could have made. There is nothing I can do for you, There is no fix. You once again have tried to make this thread and section into your personal feedback section.
Its unfortunate this occurred , But hey it did. We offered every avenue we could reasonably and even would have been in agreement to have the whole car taken to a non involved party to try and figure it out however as you said when you did what you did you wanted to be able to POST in the forums.
I do opologize we could not find a way to please you it was not for lack of trying though this I know.
Frank
thank you.........
Old 04-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, I haven't said **** about that ***** Frank or anything about his shitty company that a bunch of ******* mexicans sit in a warehouse and do basic rebuilds and charge thousands of dollars for junk, in quite awhile. Search my posts dumb ****! Frank went and cried to the admin on here, like the little bitch he is, because everyone is finding out about all of the **** he has been trying to hide for years and that the company he works for builds junk and doesn't ever do the customer right.

Who are you to bring up my name? You know nothing about me or my relationship with Vince and Chuck. Look at your sig. You don't know how to build a car, and Frank doesn't know how to build a trans that lasts more than 5 miles in a stock car. You have a 6.2L motor with a 2800 stall? Wow, that must cut great 1.8 60fts, dumbass! You don't know **** you ******* idiot. Let's compare broken transmissions for FLT and Performabuilt. I will bet my multi million dollar business on the fact that Performabuilt has more. When you have something educated to say about me, THEN you can bring my name up. Until then, shut the **** up bitch!

Quick Reply: Who has the best built 4L60's?