Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stockish Rebiuld?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stockish Rebiuld?

My Trans Is on its way of heading South. A long time friend of the Family is a trans man by trade but Vary old school been work on trans for 40years and just stop racing local Late modified Dirty track at age of 76. When i asked him about Doing a beefed up rebuild he told me you buy the parts you want in it and I'll put them in, or I'll just do a Stock Rebuild if he orders the parts, Or we can swap different trans in(not an option for me)

So here is my Question. Can any one recommend a Stronger rebuild kit? At the same time. Planed on adding- Deep Pan, Trans Cooler,3200-3600 Stall(Lookin for Input), Corvette servo, & Trans Go ORB&M - Shift Kit(Lookin for input)
Old 05-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Staying very basic and looking at your sig I'd go with a beast sunshell, TransGo HD2 kit, and a better 3-4 clutch, I use borg warner clutches, in the 3-4 I use the thick stock apply plate and thin steels to get 8 discs in there with a .025 clearance.
It's very important the builder uses recommended clearances and NOT book/manual/stock clearance specs.