Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok,so coupla quick questions again about 95 trans into 96+ fbody.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok,so coupla quick questions again about 95 trans into 96+ fbody.

i went ahead and purchased a 95 model year 4L60E that was removed from an LT1 formula,trans was described as having been rebuilt,with very good shifting{owenr said it would bark the tires on the 1-2 shift.}

now from what i can gather,it apears to have been rebuilt,fluids very clean,trans is very clean,as is the TC.

now my questions are,frank had explained to me that i need to swap both solenoids towards the front of the trans? shift solenoid a&b? and he mentioned i also need to swap the internal wiring harness from my 96/97 trans into the 95 transmission,which to my understanding requires a valve body removal?

now since i will have this trans torn down enough,would installing a transgo hd2 kit be worthwhile?

anything else to lookout for/check while i have the new trans on the bench doing these procedures?

also,my last question is,since i have NO clue what caused the failures in my trans,is there anyway to check and see that the solenoids in my trans work? im also a littly leary of swapping them in,since the fluid in my old trans is probably trashed with junk,what would be an ideal/acceptable cleaning procedure for the harness/noids.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The transgo kit would be and excellent idea and not the AB shift solenoids but the two at front. ones the PWM and the others the 3-2 solenoid.
I would just buy those two new at GM for a 96 and the harness just rinse good with starting fluid to remove any debris

Call 888-744-6542

Old 06-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by performabuilt
The transgo kit would be and excellent idea and not the AB shift solenoids but the two at front. ones the PWM and the others the 3-2 solenoid.
I would just buy those two new at GM for a 96 and the harness just rinse good with starting fluid to remove any debris
yeah,i was thinking it was those 2 solenoids,since those are at the front by the pump,i was just wanting to make sure.
any idea what kinda cost were talking for the pwm/3-2 solenoid?

also,this is just a trans to get the car through the racing season this year..i need to have a convo with you about building a trans for my car.

am i right in thinking about using the transgo hd2 kit? or is there one that is better/more ideal? if you can get them,whats your pricing on one,since ill be having you do my trans,ill just buy the kit from you{if you can get them}
Old 06-18-2008, 12:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

30 buck each roughly , and the transgo kit is good . PM me about the kit

Call 888-744-6542