Automotive Careers Looking for an automotive job or employees?

Penn State Mechanical Engineer Looking for Full Time Position

Old 02-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Penn State Mechanical Engineer Looking for Full Time Position

Dear any and all who have open positions for a Mechanical Engineer,

My name is Gregory Ionadi and I have had a strong connection with automobiles since an early age and always have dreamed of one day being able to work for an aftermarket tuning or parts manufacturer. I am a senior attending Penn State University in Erie, PA where I have been majoring in mechanical engineering technology (MET) for the past eight semesters. I will be graduating in May and I am looking to submit an application for any full-time engineering position within your company. Any opportunity would allow me to fully utilize my passion of automobiles, in combination with a strong background in mechanical engineering that would allow me to continue pushing the boundaries of what reliable performance cars can achieve.

I believe that my education at Penn State prepared me in many different ways that will allow me to help advance the capabilities of the modern automobile to new levels. I have developed a strong understanding of the mathematics and physics that govern our physical world and how technology and tools can be applied in order to make our lives easier. I have always held a strong work ethic and am not afraid to get my hand dirty. Throughout a number of academic courses and projects, I have formed excellent problem-solving skills that allow me to best analyze designs of machines, mechanisms and individual parts. This allows me to be able to develop and design components from conceptualization, to final production, including:

• Forming initial concepts and required performance and design specifications.
• Design of 3D CAD models and formal engineering drawings.
• Application and validation of finite element analysis (FEA) modeling tools that can accurately simulate a component stress’, stain’s and fatigue limits under varying loads that allow for design optimization.
• Production and testing of prototypes to measure actual performance characteristics.
• Final determination of manufacturing methods and procedures to ensure efficient work flow.

In addition to graduating in May with a Bachelor of Science degree in MET, I plan on taking the NCEES, Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam during the month of April. This opportunity will allow me to further continue my studies of engineering topics while also verifying my education.

In addition, I have a 2001 Trans Am with LS1/T56. This was my first car that i purchased myself after turning 16 and since then i have completed numerous modifications and upgrades in order to push the limits of what this car is capable of. Since its purchase, this car has remained my daily driver from March-December, with a majority of the modifications occuring during the winter. Mainly focusing on the suspension, i have upgraded all of control arms and mounts, installed Viking dual adjustable shocks, CTS-V 4 piston brakes, in addtions to many other supporting performance and visual modifications. I am currently in the middle of replacing the factory 10 bolt with a fabricated 9" in order to prepare my vehicle for a full motor rebuild in the near future.

It seems that while many others may just add raw power to their vehicles, in the form of cam and heads or forced induction, i know there are many ways to make a vehicle faster without adding brutish power. The goal of my vehicle has always been to increase road holding capabilities and performance, while maintaining the appearance and illusion that my vehicle could have come from the factory while still being able to be daily driven. There are a few pictures of my Trans Am within my profile but i have many more that i am willing to share and will answer any questions if need be.

Attached is a copy of my resume, which will further outline my education, work experience and additional skills. I believe that these qualities along with my strong overall passion for automobiles would make me a valuable asset within any performance automobile parts or tuning company.

Thank you all in advance for reviewing my information. I appreciate your time and i hope that i can one day become a part of a company that shares the same passion as myself. Please do not hesitate to message me on here or at g_ionadi@msn.com for my resume or any other information.

Sincerely,
Gregory Ionadi
Attached Files
File Type: docx
Gregory_Ionadi_RESUME.docx (28.8 KB, 115 views)

Last edited by SpecialGreg412; 02-20-2018 at 04:13 PM. Reason: I had to talk about my car a little...after all this is a car forum
Old 02-28-2018, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

If you want to live outside of PA, I know the non Automotive world likes PSU Engineers. PM me if you want any information.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Greg,

I live about 1 mile from PSU in Erie. I'm sure I've seen you around at one point. My nephew (Andy Lewis) is going there from Pittsburgh as well, taking ME, I believe he is a junior this year. PSU is a great school, you will do well in your career as a ME.

I'm currently adding a turbo to my 2001 Camaro SS M6. Hope to be done in a month or so.

Good luck on your search.

Bill
Old 03-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 007FJ
If you want to live outside of PA, I know the non Automotive world likes PSU Engineers. PM me if you want any information.
I am not opposed to traveling especially while i am still young and flexible. While i would love to work in the automotive industry out of the gate, i understand that your first job out of college is very rarely what you want to do for the rest of your live, but my primary concern is getting a decent position where i can work on paying back my loans and use that as a stepping stone.

I have been a bit busy traveling around for our spring break but ive replied to all of your PMs.

Thank you all for your advice and help!!
Old 03-05-2018, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't sell yourself short...

Years ago one of my good friends was going to PSB for his EE, he interviewed with Intel, got the job and been there for 20 years now.

Gotta dream big and shoot high, if you do your leg work, you will be rewarded for the rest of your life.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Penn State Mechanical Engineer Looking for Full Time Position