Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

GM sees 21% sales gain in March

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
please do not confuse me with a democrat. i am simply stating that the pieces of data can somewhat(to a small extent) verify each other. if jobless claims are low, people would have more money to spend. see where im coming from? no, im not saying it confirms there are more jobs, or that obama is actually succeeding (not). im simply saying it would make sense, as a line of similarity can be drawn between the too.

[on a personal note, i believe the economy (somehow) still has a life of its own, and it will start to make a comeback (including jobs) with or without help from this administration. with that said, if its palin v obama in 12, idk what im gonna do. whos a good 3rd party? ]
The number of jobless claims is a poor indicator of employment. The actual unemployment rate is well over 10%.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
well I've never owned a new car so I have no personal experience. but I don't know how many times I've heard people complaining about GM service & warranty work, something I've never heard a toyota owner bitch about(except for the floor mat/gas pedal BS). even with all those tacoma frame recalls, I know of 11 people that had their trucks scraped and every one of them were very happy w/ the whole situation because toyota compensated them so well. I wasn't talking about biz structure, QC or reliability, only the whole dealership service experience. I do agree with what your saying tho
My bird and Silverado were new.... and have only been in a few times and not for anything serious.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
well I've never owned a new car so I have no personal experience. but I don't know how many times I've heard people complaining about GM service & warranty work, something I've never heard a toyota owner bitch about(except for the floor mat/gas pedal BS). even with all those tacoma frame recalls, I know of 11 people that had their trucks scraped and every one of them were very happy w/ the whole situation because toyota compensated them so well. I wasn't talking about biz structure, QC or reliability, only the whole dealership service experience. I do agree with what your saying tho
There are plenty of ******* Toyota dealers too. With any brand out there, you have to find a great dealer to work with. In my area, we HAD a great Pontiac dealer, but they closed their doors last year and were bought up by the huge ******* Pontiac dealer (who now sells Buicks). We still have a great Chevy dealer though. The Honda and Toyota dealers in my area are both worthless...they both have the attitude that they are doing you a favor by offering their cars to you. I know so many people who went shopping for a Honda or Toyota, and ended up buying a Ford, Chevy or Nissan because of the attitudes of our area dealers.

The point is that it comes down to the individual dealers even in service work, because they are your voice to GM. So if you have an iffy case, where something may or may not be warranted, you need a dealer who actually gives a **** about your vehicle when they submit the claim. If they don't care, niether will GM.

Quick Reply: GM sees 21% sales gain in March