Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Chevrolet Camaro convertible up on Chevrolet.com

Old 01-06-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chevrolet Camaro convertible up on Chevrolet.com

Those who love their Camaros topless can now build a new one online.

Check it out.

http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicles/20...tiCounty=false
Old 01-07-2011, 02:58 AM
TECH Addict

I'd choose a different body color, but they ARE available! I'm not sold on the overall look though. The top doesn't do it for me. Everything behind the windshield looks off to me... oh well.

The only problem I see in sales is the PERCEIVED expense vs. Mustang, which looks to be nearly 2K cheaper... Comparably equipped, however, I think the Camaro may well be less expensive, particularly in V6 trim. Too many people only note that when they view an actual sticker and all too often, they're already buying when they really pay attention to that.

Even if the prices are identical once equipped, too many people won't even know what they're getting in many cases and may think one is too expensive vs the other, or simply never know until after they buy that one came with something they wanted when the other didn't or worse, they paid for something they really didn't want, like leather seats or whatever.

GM needs to advertise this thing for what it is, promptly... Otherwise too many people, I think, will believe the Mustang costs less in cases where it doesn't. A 2SS comes with several features, some of which aren't included in a Mustang at all(heated mirrors, for example) and while that goes both ways, a lack of proper advertisement will cost sales here, past the initial "cool factor" sales.

I wanna say it looks good, but I honestly don't care much for the 'vert as I'm seeing it. This means I'll be heading to a dealer soon, so I can make a correct determination. They ALWAYS look best in person.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If i was going to buy one of those pigs it would definitely be a vert, looks much better then the hardtop.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i love the hardtop but man the 'vert looks good with the top down
Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy price tag!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cole Train
i love the hardtop but man the 'vert looks good with the top down
Haven't seen it that way yet, but it would surely help in my book. Otherwise, I prefer the hardtop. I just don't care for the way the rear of the top comes into the top of the body... Looks off line to me, outta place even.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WSsick
Holy price tag!
I mentioned that as a sticking point for some... I think it's way up there too, but then go look at a Mustang all guzzied up, like most 'vert owners want 'em... It's also between 40 and 48k, depending upon trim. I'm not sure the base models will fit the bill for most, but they're clearly less than the others. It's almost a bummer that it LOOKS like a 2K difference between this and the Mustang 'vert... All told, I think the price is/will be MUCH closer for the average buyer. Still, you're looking at 30K even for a nice V6 model. That ain't ALL bad though, since they do still perform fairly well.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I mentioned that as a sticking point for some... I think it's way up there too, but then go look at a Mustang all guzzied up, like most 'vert owners want 'em... It's also between 40 and 48k, depending upon trim. I'm not sure the base models will fit the bill for most, but they're clearly less than the others. It's almost a bummer that it LOOKS like a 2K difference between this and the Mustang 'vert... All told, I think the price is/will be MUCH closer for the average buyer. Still, you're looking at 30K even for a nice V6 model. That ain't ALL bad though, since they do still perform fairly well.
I read your post, but it's still redonkulous. Should have been a good 2-4k less in my book, but oh well.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Veteran

The photo isn't quite representative of what it costs. The car has dealer accessory wheels on it which are a few thousand dollars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chevrolet Camaro convertible up on Chevrolet.com