Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Revealed - 2012 Chrysler 300C Executive the most luxurious American car money can buy

Old 04-21-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Revealed - 2012 Chrysler 300C Executive the most luxurious American car money can buy

All-new 2012 Chrysler 300C Executive Series

Designed to be the most luxurious American car on the market, the all-new Chrysler 300C Executive Series combines ultra-premium leather – once limited to some of the most exotic Italian luxury cars – with world-class ride comfort, refinement and handling, state-of-the-art safety and connectivity features and the legendary 363 horsepower 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine with Fuel Saver Technology.

"The 2012 Chrysler 300C Executive Series makes a statement with all of its appointments and contrasts. With hand-sanded real wood accents, hand-stitched Italian leather dash, two-tone ultra-soft Nappa leather seats, uniquely polished 20-inch wheels and state-of-the-art Uconnect Touch – our flagship provides passengers with the sense of pure old-school craftsmanship combined with innovative technology." said Olivier Francois, President and CEO - Chrysler Brand and Lead Executive for Marketing, Chrysler Group LLC.
"For us, it's not only about making the all-new Chrysler 300C great for a segment, it's about tailoring it for an individual . . . the businessman . . . the outperformer . . . the trendsetter," added Francois.

Exclusive features found on the Chrysler 300C Executive Series interior include either Mochachino or Black Poltrona Frau "Foligno" leather-wrapped instrument panel, cluster brow, center console side panels and upper front- and rear-door panels. Premium Nappa leather covers the door armrest, bolster and center console armrest. Two-tone Mochachino or Black seats are wrapped exclusively in supple Nappa leather and include 12-way power-adjustable driver and front-passenger seats (including four-way power lumbar) with two-mode ventilation and two-mode heated seats for both front and rear passengers. Specially selected Natural Pore Mocha or Pore Gray real wood trim is finished in a low-gloss to enhance the beauty of the wood.

On the exterior, the Chrysler luxury flagship replaces its chromed fascia, mirror and door handle accents with a unique platinum chrome finish for an even more upscale look. Topping off the unique exterior is a platinum chrome finished grille surround with platinum chrome sculpted grille blades for a truly distinctive appearance (late availability).

Premium interior amenities within the Chrysler 300C Executive Series model include the state-of-the-art Uconnect Touch 8.4N with Garmin® navigation, SIRIUS Traffic and SIRIUS Travel Link, 160-mph LED-illuminated instrument cluster with driver-selectable color EVIC, heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel, power tilt and telescoping steering column with memory, power-adjustable pedals with memory, power backlight sunshade, premium 18-ounce berber floor mats with nubuck trim, satin chromed metal lower door sills with "Chrysler" logo, dual heated/cooled cup holders, ambient lit foot well lighting, LED illuminated interior door handles and front and rear map pockets, premium carpeted trunk mat, HomeLink universal transceiver and power-folding chromed exterior mirrors with memory, auto-dimming and auto-tilt in Reverse.

Available in rear-wheel drive or with the segment's most advanced AWD system, the 2012 Chrysler 300C Executive Series models arrive at Chrysler dealerships in the fall of 2011.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Oh my.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

I'm still not a fan of the interior design.
It still doesn't seem to measure up to its German competitors IMO.

Also, they should have used nicer looking dials and switches.
It's not a big deal assuming they keep the price down.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Smart move on their part...could scoop up a lot of the 'soon to be displaced' Town Car/limo buyers.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Add the 392 in and I would be all over it!
Old 04-21-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice, however the first thing i noticed about the interior was the cheap plastic center floor console. The rest is amazing looking.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Smart move on their part...could scoop up a lot of the 'soon to be displaced' Town Car/limo buyers.
Absolutely. They will probably own the livery market with the new 300 too.

It's also worth noting Buick and Cadillac don't offer a car like this. The closest thing Cadillac has is the Escalade Platinum which is similar but will likely cost a whole lot more.

Hyundai has the Genesis which isn't anywhere near as nice inside as the 300C Executive. The Equus will also likely cost substantially more than this car.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TriShield
It's also worth noting Buick and Cadillac don't offer a car like this. The closest thing Cadillac has is the Escalade Platinum which is similar but will likely cost a whole lot more.
Some might argue that the Cadillac DTS offers similar attributes but the RWD of the 300 (like the Lincoln Town Car) is still preferable to many as well.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Some might argue that the Cadillac DTS offers similar attributes but the RWD of the 300 (like the Lincoln Town Car) is still preferable to many as well.
For what it costs, absolutely not. Plus, it's dead after this year. They're replacing it with a Cadillac-styled Buick LaCrosse. It's a nice enough car but it's not in the same realm as the 300. Especially at Cadillac prices.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why the **** is there a woman in that car?
Old 04-21-2011, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

very nice but i still prefer cadillac styling.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
very nice but i still prefer cadillac styling.

Costs a lot more, looks like barf, doesn't have the power of the 300C, dead after this year because nobody buys them

Looks good, but only offers two low-torque V6s, weighs about the same as a 300C, tiny backseat and trunk

The 300C overlaps the 3.6 CTS in price and weight but offers effortless V8 power and more room to stretch out, especially in the back.

Cadillac lacks a traditional American luxury car aside from the Escalade and it isn't a car.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7uEXQIPVN0
Old 04-21-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

Costs a lot more, looks like barf, doesn't have the power of the 300C, dead after this year because nobody buys them

Looks good, but only offers two low-torque V6s, weighs about the same as a 300C, tiny backseat and trunk

The 300C overlaps the 3.6 CTS in price and weight but offers effortless V8 power and more room to stretch out, especially in the back.

Cadillac lacks a traditional American luxury car aside from the Escalade and it isn't a car.

i would prefer more power but not if it costs alot more.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:38 PM
***Repost Police***

I don't know if it's a Chrysler thing or what, but they have never been able to make an interior where the wood didn't look fake. Even though this stuff is real, it still screams mid-90s Concorde.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:21 PM
10 Second Club

Smile

For what it costs, absolutely not. Plus, it's dead after this year. They're replacing it with a Cadillac-styled Buick LaCrosse. It's a nice enough car but it's not in the same realm as the 300. Especially at Cadillac prices.
Point taken. As I'd said, "some might argue" it but I wasn't implying that I was among them LOL.
That Northstar V8 can still move it out pretty good though.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

I liked my Northstar Deville when I had it. It sounded great at high rpm.

Actually I just sat in both a new CTS 3.6L and 300C today and both are virtually the same quality and trimwise. Chrysler has impressively stepped up their game.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

I liked my Northstar Deville when I had it. It sounded great at high rpm.
I had a '96 DeVille Concours (300hp Northstar) and it was great. With a K&N air filter as the only change it ran a 15.07@92.40mph on it's only track visit, I'm sure I would've gotten it into the 14s my next time out.

Actually I just sat in both a new CTS 3.6L and 300C today and both are virtually the same quality and trimwise. Chrysler has impressively stepped up their game.
Nice.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:23 AM
TECH Veteran

I had a '96 DeVille Concours (300hp Northstar) and it was great. With a K&N air filter as the only change it ran a 15.07@92.40mph on it's only track visit, I'm sure I would've gotten it into the 14s my next time out.
I had a 99 Concours and it felt good and fast. With summer tires I though it handled pretty well for what it was too.

As for the new 300, pretty much everything wrong with the old one they fixed.

All the features you see in a German luxury car seem present from radar cruise control to low beams that turn with the wheel. The only thing I could find missing from the old one were heated headlamp washers.

The doors now feel heavy and substantial when you open and close them (the old one had flappy cereal box doors). Everything you touch feels real and nice (door pulls, shifter, plastic and leather surfaces from seats to bottom of door panels). The standard seats are huge and soft which seems appropriate. It is much easier to see out in all directions. The gauge cluster looks extra special all lit up.

I like that it has it's heritage and classic name too, unlike the alphabet stuff Cadillac and Lincoln use or goofy new names like LaCrosse Buick has.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:08 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

As for the new 300, pretty much everything wrong with the old one they fixed.

All the features you see in a German luxury car seem present from radar cruise control to low beams that turn with the wheel. The only thing I could find missing from the old one were heated headlamp washers.

The doors now feel heavy and substantial when you open and close them (the old one had flappy cereal box doors). Everything you touch feels real and nice (door pulls, shifter, plastic and leather surfaces from seats to bottom of door panels). The standard seats are huge and soft which seems appropriate. It is much easier to see out in all directions. The gauge cluster looks extra special all lit up.

I like that it has it's heritage and classic name too
Sounds like a total winner.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Revealed - 2012 Chrysler 300C Executive the most luxurious American car money can buy