Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Michigan Auto Workers Are Irresponsible! Caught Drinking, Smoking Pot On The Clock

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Michigan Auto Workers Are Irresponsible! Caught Drinking, Smoking Pot On The Clock

Workers from Chrysler's Trenton, Mich. Engine Plant were captured on video, apparently drinking and smoking marijuana while on a break.

Now, Chrysler is suspending the nine workers without pay while the company investigates.

Here's a great article from a Detroit Auto Beat Reporter.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/chrysler...ught-on-video/

After a similar incident happened last year, also in Michigan...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/chrysler-workers-suspended/

can we really trust those working in Michigan's auto industry with building our cars?
Old 07-20-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats just dealer incentive. Buy a new car, find a bag of weed. What gets better than that? **** cash back
Old 07-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a problem there I suggest you go to every construction site and search cars. Hell their coolers too. Or go check you Dr. or Vet's desk for booze.

There's always gonna be bad apples. You post this because a company could afford to pay someone to spy on their workers. Do it other places and the same thing is going to happen.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

I feel like this is spam
Old 07-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

I say who gives a ****. If they can still do your job and do it well who cares.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Old 07-20-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by babbage1109
I feel like this is spam
^^^^^^^^^^ this.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Talking

dont feed the idiots please.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
If you have a problem there I suggest you go to every construction site and search cars. Hell their coolers too. Or go check you Dr. or Vet's desk for booze.

There's always gonna be bad apples. You post this because a company could afford to pay someone to spy on their workers. Do it other places and the same thing is going to happen.
^ This.

Someone needs to do an investigation into cops drinking on the job, I bet they'd uncover some disturbing ****.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

This is a shitty first post OP.

news informer
Old 07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
8 Second Club

Maybe this incident will open up for jobs for Quality Control Managers
Old 07-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Banned

Some people just don't get it. Actually some people are basically saying its normal for people to be drinking/getting high on the job..... This country and the stupidity coming out of it is laughable. People should be upset that we take our families, children, and infants in car rides...... Do you really want your car put together by someone on a buzz?

People in this country are getting worse and worse as each generation goes by. It's like reverse evolution.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
Some people just don't get it. Actually some people are basically saying its normal for people to be drinking/getting high on the job..... This country and the stupidity coming out of it is laughable. People should be upset that we take our families, children, and infants in car rides...... Do you really want your car put together by someone on a buzz?

People in this country are getting worse and worse as each generation goes by. It's like reverse evolution.
^x2

exactly what i was thinking
Old 07-21-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay fine, but where's the investigation into cops drunk on the job, or pilots drunk on the job, or teachers drunk on the job? Auto workers are being singled out for political reasons, not because they're the only ones who have had something to drink before coming to work.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this^^^

"It's ok because those guys do it too"

Originally Posted by Latch
Okay fine, but where's the investigation into cops drunk on the job, or pilots drunk on the job, or teachers drunk on the job? Auto workers are being singled out for political reasons, not because they're the only ones who have had something to drink before coming to work.
Maybe, but either way until someone puts up the cash or time to investigate this you dont have a leg to stand on. I'd also bet the percentage of above jobs is lower than auto workers.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:39 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Latch
I imagine it probably has something to do with how easy it is to catch UAW workers drinking/smoking on their lunch breaks. I don't think it would be very easy to get a camera crew inside the cockpit of an airliner.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I imagine it probably has something to do with how easy it is to catch UAW workers drinking/smoking on their lunch breaks. I don't think it would be very easy to get a camera crew inside the cockpit of an airliner.
How easy it is? What exactly does that mean? If someone wants a drink or smoke bad enough there gonna figure out a way to do it. How is the fact that there UAW some how make it easier.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:29 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Lethal Z
How easy it is? What exactly does that mean? If someone wants a drink or smoke bad enough there gonna figure out a way to do it. How is the fact that there UAW some how make it easier.
The fact that they have repeatedly been caught smoking out in the open... like a few months ago when they were filmed by a crew in a van smoking/drinking in a park. That's pretty damn easy, if you ask me.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The fact that they have repeatedly been caught smoking out in the open... like a few months ago when they were filmed by a crew in a van smoking/drinking in a park. That's pretty damn easy, if you ask me.
Ok, I'll ask again. How is the fact that there UAW some how make it easier? I assure you part of being a member of the UAW does not require you to drink and get high before your shift or at break time. These guys made bad choices, and they should be dealt with accordingly. Its not an oppoutunity to throw the entire UAW organization under the bus.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Who cares, you don't think some construction workers and roofers building your house are getting fucked up. Nine workers in a plant that employees three or four thousand. That is .009% of the workforce.

Quick Reply: Michigan Auto Workers Are Irresponsible! Caught Drinking, Smoking Pot On The Clock