Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Media Leaks - The Real 2015 Ford Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 11:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The amount of useless **** in this thread is epic. Who really cares about the Ford 4.6 and the LS1? Both are great motors with weak and strong points. Choose one and have fun. This kindergarten discussions are beyond stupid.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
The amount of useless **** in this thread is epic. Who really cares about the Ford 4.6 and the LS1? Both are great motors with weak and strong points. Choose one and have fun. This kindergarten discussions are beyond stupid.
(much like calling people dumb for not agreeing with your opinions)

but thats what im saying, just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt mean theyre stupid. what someone sees as 70% something doesnt mean its 70% of what someone else sees.

i am all for new designs and i think this mustang looks too much like the fusion in the front and looks like other cars a little to closely. hell if the new corvette was a twin turbo mid engine ohc v10 or whatever i wouldnt have bitched. i enjoy improvements over previous models.

dont be surprised when you have people who dont agree with what you have to say. doesnt mean theyre stupid. AND dont be pissed about GM bias on a GM site.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Not that I care, but just because a video calls something an LS1 doesn't mean it really is. I've not heard of any true LS1 cars running that well and I am aware of many breaking long before they ever reached a 7.999, let alone a 6 anything. Oddly, I went to their advertised website and found nothing of that vehicle. That is weird and I'm sure you agree.

I didn't say there are several 4.6 cars in the 6's, but there's apparently at least 1 and it's gone something like... 6.0 on the 1/4 mile. That said, I still don't think a real LS1 block will hold up long enough to run 6's unless it's in a motorcycle frame or dropped from the sky.
Irony at its best.
The tired old argument of a supposedly "4.6l" with supposedly "stock parts" with no actual proof what so ever other than what 1 person (the owner) has claimed. Yet you doubt the exact same thing when someone with an "LS1" does it. Only GM owners lie right?

I'm defending truth, not just the Mustang. This site is so full of misinformation and outright bullshit, I feel a need to comment in some capacity. When I call someone out over this, it's usually because they post silly nonsense and lies, like MAC did. Granted, he didn't really know he was lying, but he claims to know, so it's lies even when he's wrong.
The next time you feel like "fighting the good fight" please do us all a favor and clutter up some other forum with the useless nonsense. No one cares, seriously. You are not going to change any opinions of the few handful "wrong" people on here. If you think there is some misinformation here, you would likely have heart issues if you browsed over at SVTforums...
Hell, you can start by telling the mustang trolls on here in the SRK section to stop embarrassing the rest of the Mustang fans.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Actually it was the shelby gt350 and another thing the gt500 is a shelby gt500 thats its name like i said ford took over the production of it what part of that dont you understand?
More proof of just how uneducated you really are...

The Shelby GT500 as we know it, in the body used today, is made by Ford Motor Company and NOT by Shelby America, although they will modify you a Mustang, typically using the 5L engine and they'll often call that one a GT350. All you have to do is buy the car from an authorized Ford dealer and send it to them in whatever manner you choose and pay for.

I'm definitely done here... Too ridiculous for me.
I agree with that but before ford came out with the gt500 on there production line, you could of done the same thing if i remember right they had their own vin number granted it didn't last long but thats when Ford took over it and started producing them.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:27 PM
***Repost Police***

The regular GT500s were and are all made by Ford.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You sure about that? I just did a 2 second search and immediately found out that you are wrong......
Old 12-08-2013, 04:46 PM
***Repost Police***

Link please.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Banned

btw i typed gt500 history and two things poped up shelby gt500 history and ford gt500 history just found that kinda ironic
Old 12-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Banned

Link please.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Mustang
Old 12-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Banned

Link please.
It goes on to say that Mr. Shelby was done with it by 1969 and after that is was done in house by ford
Old 12-08-2013, 04:51 PM
***Repost Police***

And what passage of that article (which I am quite familiar with, btw) leads you to believe that anything I said was wrong? Please provide quotes.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:52 PM
***Repost Police***

It goes on to say that Mr. Shelby was done with it by 1969 and after that is was done in house by ford
Holy ****-****. Are you really talking about the '60s GT500s now? Hadn't we CLEARLY established that the discussion was on the current GT500s?
Old 12-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Banned

Holy ****-****. Are you really talking about the '60s GT500s now? Hadn't we CLEARLY established that the discussion was on the current GT500s?
You was talking about that not me
Old 12-08-2013, 04:56 PM
***Repost Police***

You was talking about that not me
The discussion was and always has been about the modern GT500s. Why in two ***** would we be talking about the cars from the '60s?
"Took over production" implies that they were not the ones who were doing it from the very beginning. "Shelby" is by name only, and has been ever since the modern GT500 came into existence in '07. What part of that don't you understand?
More proof of just how uneducated you really are...

The Shelby GT500 as we know it, in the body used today, is made by Ford Motor Company and NOT by Shelby America, although they will modify you a Mustang, typically using the 5L engine and they'll often call that one a GT350. All you have to do is buy the car from an authorized Ford dealer and send it to them in whatever manner you choose and pay for.

I'm definitely done here... Too ridiculous for me.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Banned

All i have said was facts and yet you have gone back on your word a few times you have yet to prove me wrong stop tryn to sound better than me when your not
Like when you confused the Shelby GT with the GT500 and argued with me for 7 pages? I've told you before, I'm done trying to have intelligent conversations with you.
This is the quote im referring to not the other ones your talking about dumbass. You sure do go to grwat lengths on trying to make yourself look good typical ford nut swinger
Old 12-08-2013, 05:00 PM
***Repost Police***

This is the quote im referring to not the other ones your talking about dumbass. You sure do go to grwat lengths on trying to make yourself look good typical ford nut swinger
And you call ME a dumbass. I am done with you, this is seriously like arguing with a child.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Banned

And you call ME a dumbass. I am done with you, this is seriously like arguing with a child.
Yea because you are n your right your the child
Old 12-08-2013, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Wow...I am amazed at how ugly this car is.

It is not just me either. Everyone I have talked to in person cant believe what they are seeing. I have had 3 of my close friends call me just to tell me about how terrible the new mustang looks...and two of them are ford people lol.

I would still buy if it is 34-3500lbs and 450+hp and the 6th gen camaro is a failure/way behind of coarse. Performance is always first if I had to choose.

I am sure ford can make it look better with different color combos and options etc. My god I hope so....I still cant believe what I am seeing.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Link please.

Are you kidding me.... He asks for a link and your source is Wikipedia lol are you joking? If you are going to try to argue something then you better have a credible source.

On that note, the GT500 was designed by Shelby but Ford is who actually built the vehicle more specifically the SVT team is who hand built them like they used to before they were called Shelby's again.

The new SVT cobra will be a monster though and shouldn't be 75k dollars like the current Shelby, I have never seen a bigger fan boy than you
Old 12-09-2013, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Are you kidding me.... He asks for a link and your source is Wikipedia lol are you joking? If you are going to try to argue something then you better have a credible source.
First off: MAC just shut up, your saying things so dumb that they make me look like a freaking genius.

Second: This isn't 2002, Wikipedia is a credible source. Everything on there has to be cited for it to stay on more than a week.

Quick Reply: Media Leaks - The Real 2015 Ford Mustang