Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

C7 Stingray convertible chassis rigid enough?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C7 Stingray convertible chassis rigid enough?

Didn't see this posted yet and thought the story was pretty interesting.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...183136599.html

Being better than a well known M-B is worthy of conversation in terms of bragging rights and worthy of driving in terms of... well, it just doesn't matter because it's an outstanding car!
Old 12-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Being better than a well known M-B...
Mercedes-Benz =/= McLaren
Old 12-15-2013, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

I don't get what you mean... Are you saying M-B is = to McLaren? If so, that makes sense considering some of their previous joint ventures. They can't seem to work with each other worth crap, but alone, each does quite well anyway.

Oh well, I just thought the read was worth it, learning a bit more about the Corvette design and how few cars have ever used the same approach.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I don't get what you mean... Are you saying M-B is = to McLaren? If so, that makes sense considering some of their previous joint ventures.
My keyboard does not allow me to type a real unequal sign so I just used a fake one consisting of two equal signs separated by a slash. You mentioned the 12C as "a well-known M-B" in the OP and I wanted to correct that. Wouldn't expect it to be confusing, since I often see the same format on other parts of the Internet, but alas.

And yes, it's quite an interesting read. It shows that despite being run by absolute *********, General Motors still has the technological resources to produce some of the most advanced cars produced nowadays (and this comes from an European person). Let's just hope now that with a new CEO they can make better use of that.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Oh... I hadn't even noticed I put them together like that, knowing they're really separate(they can't stand each other, obviously).

That said, I haven't been to Europe in a long time, but I wouldn't even ride in about 45% of the cars I saw when I was there. Cars have come a long way across the world, but none have advanced more than American cars in technical terms.

That Corvette is, in an overall sense, one of the very best cars available across the world today. It's not going to compare well for a family of 6 against a Tahoe, but wherever vehicle prowess is the main consideration, this car is outstanding. Considering price, availability, driving dynamics, power train, all of it... more than just a little tough to beat.

Quick Reply: C7 Stingray convertible chassis rigid enough?