Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

fastest cars in the world

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default fastest cars in the world

more than your mortgage but a lot more fun.

http://www.thesupercars.org/fastest-...d-top-10-list/
Old 01-19-2014, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really do hate that Hennessey venom.
The fact that it uses a ttls7 is cool but it's such a ******* rip off copy of 3 other cars.

stole the body of a lotus (he can say this that and everything is different but it's still a god Damn lotus not something he dreamed up which shows his lack of imagination)

The engine is sourced from gm and not something he designed or even modified at all which is lame for a car of this demeanor. All the other competitors have a unique engine minus the gumpert.

and 3rd it's Hennessey. How long before the **** breaks burst into flames and then he steals all your **** while you're distracted by your million dollar lotus burning
Old 01-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tainted
I really do hate that Hennessey venom.
The fact that it uses a ttls7 is cool but it's such a ******* rip off copy of 3 other cars.

stole the body of a lotus (he can say this that and everything is different but it's still a god Damn lotus not something he dreamed up which shows his lack of imagination)

The engine is sourced from gm and not something he designed or even modified at all which is lame for a car of this demeanor. All the other competitors have a unique engine minus the gumpert.

and 3rd it's Hennessey. How long before the **** breaks burst into flames and then he steals all your **** while you're distracted by your million dollar lotus burning
While we're at it, let's hate on the Shelby Cobra. Body of an AC, engine sourced by Ford, not really modified by Shelby, and the 427 wasn't exactly a reliable car thanks to the engine suffocating on the British roadster's tiny engine bay.

Also, only the Veyron, Agera, GT9-R (debatably), F1, Huayra, 1/77 and Aventador have unique engines. Ultimate Aero? That's an LSx deep down there. S7? 427 Windsor. CCX? Last Koenigsegg powered by a heavily modifed Modular. ST1? LS7. M600? Modified version of the Yamaha V8 from the Volvo XC90. Ascari? It's the E39 M5's engine, in a heavily modifed tune. Even the McLaren F1 and the Pagani use externally developed engines. Sometimes building an engine yourself, from scratch, for your car is pointless. I'd rather get an outsourced engine and spend the money I'd save in chassis development and quality control.

Last edited by King's Z; 01-19-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's just to much of a kit car kinda thing for me. It's wicked fast, I'd give a leg to own one but at the same times it's just mehhhh.....

using another motor not unique to you I could get over but my god the body and all just make it so kit car like!
Old 01-20-2014, 02:44 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tainted
It's just to much of a kit car kinda thing for me. It's wicked fast, I'd give a leg to own one but at the same times it's just mehhhh.....

using another motor not unique to you I could get over but my god the body and all just make it so kit car like!
I get what you're saying. The Venom GT only competes with these other cars in terms of speed. The others cars are thoroughbred clydesdales and the Venom GT is a donkey jacked up on steroids. Sure, it will go as fast, but its not quite the same.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't just use the Elise body, but actually the whole chassis, too. Of course they chop it up stretching and widening, but its hard to draw the line where it stops becoming a modified Lotus and becomes a creation of Hennessey.

Badass car for sure, and a glorious engine. But if I'm spending that kind of money on a street legal hypercar, I'm going with something that has a bit more substance in areas besides just the stats sheets.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thank you

Quick Reply: fastest cars in the world