Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

5th gens start the new year off strong

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default 5th gens start the new year off strong

well not strong but better than its competitors.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7391653
Old 02-04-2014, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can call a 4% drop in sales a strong start, then yup.

I'm surprised the Mustang was up in sales, but it just shows how bad last years January was for them. The stories are already saying to expect big price cuts on Mustangs soon, as many perspective buyers plan to hold out for the 2015 model. Word is, Ford will have the next Mustang at the NY auto show(or whatever) on April 17th. I've been thinking Ford will start actually selling it on that day.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Surprised there was an uptick in Mustang sales with the new design and specs fully revealed. Must be the incentive cash helping them move...
Old 02-04-2014, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

Originally Posted by It'llrun
If you can call a 4% drop in sales a strong start, then yup.

I'm surprised the Mustang was up in sales, but it just shows how bad last years January was for them. The stories are already saying to expect big price cuts on Mustangs soon, as many perspective buyers plan to hold out for the 2015 model. Word is, Ford will have the next Mustang at the NY auto show(or whatever) on April 17th. I've been thinking Ford will start actually selling it on that day.
like i said. stronger than its competitors. im actualy impressed how 5th gens this late into its life cycle continue to stay on top with minimal incentives.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

I am too, considering it's been out roughly 5yrs now and the "newness" wore out a long while back except one rather genius marketing idea from GM... They keep coming out with the next upgrade. Since 2012, ZL1, 1LE, and now Z/28. It draws buyers who usually can't afford the good stuff, but decide they like the slow stuff too, which they can buy. This is probably part of why the "GT350" or "MACH1" will be following closely behind the 2015 model Mustang instead of another GT500.

Challenger sales dropped off big and sooner or later, all will fall. January isn't usually a great sales month, somewhere near half the sales of the better months. I don't know that FIAT will offer incentives, but I know Ford will and next yr, GM will for the Camaro. For now, Camaro SS and Mustang GT each offer a $1,000.00 break. It's pointless anyway to me. I sure wouldn't have gone in when I bought my latest car and asked about the incentives. They always keep them anyway, unless you pay cash. I went in and told them what I was willing to pay(after plenty of research on prices). We agreed and I drove it home. I paid the same for the 2014 w/ more options as I was offering for a 2013 on the same lot.

If $1,000.00 is enough off to buy the car, you may as well go in and tell them you know about it and you'll take it, right? Then you'll feel screwed when your friends tell you how much less they paid.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Challenger had some steam there for a bit but seems not anymore, they need to either refresh it or get a new generation out soon.

Ford without doubt is probably doing what they can to move out 2014s to make room for the coming new Mustang and yes like others I am impressed to see the 5th gen doing so well still even with mixed opinions on its "refresh" to bad the interior still sucks on it at least IMO.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

I was one if the ones who bought a 5th gen last month. Couldn't pass up getting myself a 1LE.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

im freakin jealous. thats a beautiful 1LE. how do you like it?

i want mine in IOM.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Spoolin -

PERFECT color combo on that 1LE. If I were to buy, that's exactly how mine would look (and be a 1LE). Very nicely done. Enjoy!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
im freakin jealous. thats a beautiful 1LE. how do you like it?

i want mine in IOM.
I absolutely freaking love it. I find myself going on night drives around where I live just to drive it. No where to go really, just want to go cruising.

Originally Posted by Z Fury
Spoolin -

PERFECT color combo on that 1LE. If I were to buy, that's exactly how mine would look (and be a 1LE). Very nicely done. Enjoy!
Thanks, I've had my eye on this new re-fresh since they first came out with it and wanted to get a Z/28 but once the pricing came out on those I decided on option 2 which was the 1LE package which to me is the best bang for the buck when it comes to these 5th Gen's.

White on Black is the only color option I was interested in, and I had to shop around to find it. Absolutely no buyers remorse with this car!
Old 02-07-2014, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Wow, that is a great looking car Spoolin. Congrats.

I think the nip/tuck on the 2014s works better on the 1LE and Z/28 but a step back on the ZL1, SS and base models.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TriShield
Wow, that is a great looking car Spoolin. Congrats.

I think the nip/tuck on the 2014s works better on the 1LE and Z/28 but a step back on the ZL1, SS and base models.
Thanks TriShield, I agree about the nip/tuck. Was disapointed that they kept the same nose on the ZL1 but updated the back end only.
Either way I'm very happy with the end of generation re-fresh. Only think I might do down the line is lower it an inch and add a blower but this car does everything I need it to do, and in spades at that, that I doubt I'll do anything to this car for quite a while. Very satisfied with it.

Although the MyLink system does seem to freeze a bit more than I'd like. Oh well, not the end of the world.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I love the updated looks of the 14's. Great looking car Spoolin!

Quick Reply: 5th gens start the new year off strong