Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Impending Corvette(C7) recall? Nahhh

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Impending Corvette(C7) recall? Nahhh

It's not really likely, but GM did halt sales while they work out 2 issues.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gm-rei...--finance.html

One is about a brake cable(parking) which isn't likely a real concern for anyone and the other is a clip or something... to hold the driver airbag... that might matter!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GM is well on their way to bankruptcy AGAIN.

brand new flagship car and they've already halted sales on top of the 25 million + recalls on all their other ****.

we'll never see the z06 at this rate
Old 09-14-2014, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I read another story(which my or may not be here already), which stated emphatically that the ZR1 would be back... in 2017... as a mid engined car and more than 650hp...

That possibility aside, I'm sure they'll handle the issues with this new car. 1 of them is a simple mistake due to an oversight by someone and I don't see the other as a difficult fix. The number are small so it won't take long and GM is always all over it when they note something wrong with their flagship models, so at very least, the ZO6 is going to be out here soon.

I will agree, with all the recalls(I've read more than 30 million on the year now), they're dipping into the deep end, but I still believe the very best way to handle recall issues is simply to make the recalls and repair the vehicles as quickly as possible... reimburse the customers for their losses, even if that only means a free loaner of the same model and trim level, after all, that's what they paid for and then just move along, hoping they're as satisfied as can be expected so as to buy another of your vehicles.

Also, I expect another Ford recall soon, on the Escape... I had work done to the headliner and was told of a TSB for a rattle... of a magnet(of all things) which separates. I do not know why anyone thought a magnet was a good idea in a headliner, but... I'm also thinking they may recall those with panoramic roofs because some have shattered while driving down the highway. Truth be told, until this year, Ford has actually had a habit of handling recalls much better than GM. That may have to do with the number of vehicles sold or just that Ford has a better business practice in that area... they tend to have a TSB and avoid the later recall fairly well. Seems to me though, GM has taken the same approach, but are actually recalling many, presumably to just get it over with, taking the loss and moving on.

Quick Reply: Impending Corvette(C7) recall? Nahhh