Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

New Porsche 911

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Porsche 911

Okay, this one is just as nice as most, but simply stated, nothing justifies the price I'm seeing.

http://www.businessinsider.com/porsc...america-2015-1

It's a stunning car for what it is, I suppose, N/A 3.8L 190mph car and all... but I want far more exclusivity if I spend as much as 2 houses for any car.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

60 years of the same damn car. Porsche does nothing for me except the GT3 cars.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Okay, this one is just as nice as most, but simply stated, nothing justifies the price I'm seeing.

It's a stunning car for what it is, I suppose, N/A 3.8L 190mph car and all... but I want far more exclusivity if I spend as much as 2 houses for any car.
2 houses? I dont know where you're from but $68k doesnt buy much of a house in Houston.

Originally Posted by 'WHEELS'
If you really research they are pretty different. And thats like saying corvettes do nothing for you but the z06 does. lol
Old 01-23-2015, 09:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 911 Turbo is the only one I pay any attention to. It is probably the best all around daily driver Mega Car. And the Audi R8 I guess....
I have no use for the GT2/GT3/RS race cars. But I agree with the above....I do wish the exterior design department would do something new.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by txstormtrooper
2 houses? I dont know where you're from but $68k doesnt buy much of a house in Houston.
I was thinking of nationwide, not jut a specific town. I live on 6acres in Florida w/ a lake in my back yard and the house is nearly 800' off the road... if I used this as the factor, I could by 3 of those cars... but not everyone is so fortunate or... lives in such an overpriced market.

If you really research they are pretty different. And thats like saying corvettes do nothing for you but the z06 does. lol
I agree with this. There are different approaches for different buyers.

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
The 911 Turbo is the only one I pay any attention to. It is probably the best all around daily driver Mega Car. And the Audi R8 I guess....
I have no use for the GT2/GT3/RS race cars. But I agree with the above....I do wish the exterior design department would do something new.
I agree to an extent, but Porsche has made several different models and has perhaps more than ever at this time. I'm still not much of a Porsche fan. I like 'em okay, but don't want one.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I was thinking of nationwide, not jut a specific town. I live on 6acres in Florida w/ a lake in my back yard and the house is nearly 800' off the road... if I used this as the factor, I could by 3 of those cars... but not everyone is so fortunate or... lives in such an overpriced market.
Man i just want to live on an acre! lol......thats $600k+ around here!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

IMO, all performance cars are over priced. Actually most "new" cars are over priced. It's f'ckn ridiculous.

Oh, & to stay on topic. This 911 looks all of the others, lol.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 'WHEELS'
I meant looks wise. Same basic design for 60 years. Same with jeep wranglers. But I guess that's what works for them.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why fix what's not broken.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Man i just want to live on an acre! lol......thats $600k+ around here!
I've got one available... Seriously though, it's too expensive. The note on this place is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by LS1-450
IMO, all performance cars are over priced. Actually most "new" cars are over priced. It's f'ckn ridiculous.

Oh, & to stay on topic. This 911 looks all of the others, lol.
It looks the same in general... and yeah, overpriced like the rest.

Originally Posted by SCott5
Why fix what's not broken.
Pretty much. It's gotta earn them plenty too!
Old 01-24-2015, 06:28 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually really like this. The wider track front and rear and thre big spoiler do a lot to add some excitement to an otherwise boring, albeit attractive, basic design.

I'm on the same boat as many. Porsche just doesn't do much for me. They look good, but not great. They sounds good, but not great. They do go like hell and drain your wallet well, but other than that an Audi R8 is far more of an exciting car around that price range.
The only Porsche I could see myself pining over would be a late 1st gen Cayman S. The mid engine layout gives the Porsche shape a lot more flare. Not to mention getting 80-90% of the performance of big brother while costing upwards of 50% less.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

I don't think the R8 is a more exciting car ... just a nicer and probably better car.

That said, it's hard to be more exciting than a car that just wants to slip off the track on a regular basis, when the one you're driving sticks like glue and rough paper.

Quick Reply: New Porsche 911