Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Foxbody/LS swap project: decent deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 06:44 PM
LS1 Town Crier

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Foxbody/LS swap project: decent deal?

It's always a crap shoot buying someone else's project. That said, what do you think about this Foxbody with an LS swap? It looks a little rough cosmetically, as the fact that the pedals and shifter from the original tranny are still there means there's plenty of work to be done? What do you think? For 6k, would you dismiss this out of hand, or could you be convinced to go have a look? Check out more pics and info here.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks almost identical to mine haha. I don't think that I would pay 6k for it especially if its not "running", that link read that it needs " the wiring hooked up" but I would venture to say that I would pay about $4500 assuming there is no rust. I could deal with the paint like that while I work on it, and then get it sprayed later. get the little things sorted out and then boost the crap out of it! plus you grenade the motor, go to the junkyard and get another and stab it in and have fun again!
Old 01-30-2019, 06:53 PM
LS1 Town Crier

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SnailHouse_Projects
that looks almost identical to mine haha. I don't think that I would pay 6k for it especially if its not "running", that link read that it needs " the wiring hooked up" but I would venture to say that I would pay about $4500 assuming there is no rust. I could deal with the paint like that while I work on it, and then get it sprayed later. get the little things sorted out and then boost the crap out of it! plus you grenade the motor, go to the junkyard and get another and stab it in and have fun again!
Yeah, it seems like hooking up the wiring is a pretty big deal on a build like this...