Old 04-13-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll happen.

Four or five years from now.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

F' GM. That story just sold me on a GT500 when I finish school. They can keep their POS not a Camaro but it is a Camaro car. GM sucks and can go out of business for all I care.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

I'm not holding my breath, but I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed....
Old 04-14-2005, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Please let it come back. I'm sick of Mustang this and Mustang that. I'm already saving some so I can order one as soon as orders can be taken.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:30 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

I think the St. Theresa plant had rights to the name through 2006 or 2007 (maaaaaaybe 08?)? So definately don't hold your breath for anything anytime soon.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
I think the St. Theresa plant had rights to the name through 2006 or 2007 (maaaaaaybe 08?)? So definately don't hold your breath for anything anytime soon.
I think the year was more like 2017.... but the plant has been demolished, so as far as I know, GM has rights again to that name. However, even if they didn't for whatever reason, they could still call it a Chevelle.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:54 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Delux247
I think the year was more like 2017.... but the plant has been demolished, so as far as I know, GM has rights again to that name. However, even if they didn't for whatever reason, they could still call it a Chevelle.

I'm pretty sure it was within this decade. Not next. I'll have to dig for the article tonight. @ any rate. More bad news for the General today as well as the rest of the economy perhaps.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...yFc&refer=home
Old 04-14-2005, 09:22 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

I wouldn't hold your breath guys. The **** that GM is putting out via Chevrolet now is despicable IMO, and I can only imagine the **** job they might do with something that they end up calling "Camaro."

I'd rather have NO Camaro than a poorly executed one. GM needs to get back to its roots and stop trying to cater to every single little market whim that comes around the bend. Instead of saying "What trendy features can we apply to build a car that XXX group will buy?" they need to assess the demand that people have for a given platform, and either build something thats the GM vision, or NOT build something at all. HAVE SOME *****. If there is demand for a Camaro-esque vehicle, then build it, and build it like a CAMARO DAMNIT. Not a car thats an amalgam of the supposed 'aesthetic tastes' of an age group of people. If there's not demand, then DONT build it.

I don't give two ***** if its business friendly or not. I don't want a half cobalt half monte carlo that's called Camaro.

But hey jsut my .02$ right?
Old 04-15-2005, 07:34 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
I wouldn't hold your breath guys. The **** that GM is putting out via Chevrolet now is despicable IMO, and I can only imagine the **** job they might do with something that they end up calling "Camaro."

I'd rather have NO Camaro than a poorly executed one. GM needs to get back to its roots and stop trying to cater to every single little market whim that comes around the bend. Instead of saying "What trendy features can we apply to build a car that XXX group will buy?" they need to assess the demand that people have for a given platform, and either build something thats the GM vision, or NOT build something at all. HAVE SOME *****. If there is demand for a Camaro-esque vehicle, then build it, and build it like a CAMARO DAMNIT. Not a car thats an amalgam of the supposed 'aesthetic tastes' of an age group of people. If there's not demand, then DONT build it.

I don't give two ***** if its business friendly or not. I don't want a half cobalt half monte carlo that's called Camaro.

No, you're right, and that's how you capture market share. Right now, the big three, save for a few vehicles, haven't done a good job of capturing the "American Automobile." This, IMO is a huge mistake. I think people have been looking for the flair and flavor of vintage cars. Look @ the new Mustang. Retro look, decent price for what it is, and it's selling. Dodge's Magnum, geez, I see at least 5 of these a day now. Same thing with the new 300 (though it's a cheap bently rip off yet it has some styling.) GM is out of touch with the market place. You are definately correct that they are catering to all the soccer mom's and main stream "NASCAR dads" (even if half of them have a real clue about how a car works) and the unfortunate x-box generation that I'm a part of (lord help us).

One of the things that hurts GM is that it's TO BIG. Diversification is ok in a stock portfolio, but as far as doing business, it's not the best practice. Very few companies pull it off. GE (Gen. Elec.) has pulled it off, but only because it's had some of the greatest minds in the position of CEO (Jack Walsh). GM doesn't even have vision right now. What do you expect from a bunch of cereal makers, defense contractors, investment bankers, and camara film makers? That's who's on the board of directors right now.

Tell ya what. If you wanna change GM, buy some stock when it hits rock bottom, start a campaign amongst the shareholders and hold a huge proxy contest to replace the board memebers. I know, pipe dream right? It would at least wake up the management @ the General. Nothing to do right now except wait and watch.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Amen to that!
Old 04-15-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bbqz28
Please let it come back. I'm sick of Mustang this and Mustang that. I'm already saving some so I can order one as soon as orders can be taken.
Amen Brother
Old 04-15-2005, 09:26 AM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

That's great and all, but there's a serious problem. Something is missing -

->
Old 04-15-2005, 10:32 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by HPP

->

I agree with that too. It's like cake and ice cream, you can't have one without the other.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:38 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Unhappy

Originally Posted by HPP

->
Old 04-19-2005, 11:10 AM
12 Second Club

If this is a pile im gonna be pist! and whos that guy that said **** gm? **** you bitch! and by the way did you guys hear about bringing back the chevelle! they better not screw this upand wheres the firchicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:20 AM
12 Second Club

Hell Motha Fu*kn Yeah! My father tought me if your gonna do it do it right!!!! look on the bright side guys the ls motors will always be awsome! i love my t/a and they cant take it away.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

How about an entirely new car instead of a new Camaro? Something that looks great, performs great, doesn't cost too much and has it's own stigma. This way the car won't immediately be compared to a Camaro. Kind of like the Solstice...brand new.

Quick Reply: New Camaro news......