Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Pontiac Expands The GXP Range: Meet The G6 GXP

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bandit95
is it just me or does it all looked photoshopped?
yea...the hood/front look photoshopped.

Not to bad maybe some work on the front but its decent on the sides and rear.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TriShield
Batmobile.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

It looks riced out IMO. Why aren't they offering the GXP in the 4-door bodystyle? Too much overlap with the GP GXP? I agree with most on here the wing has got to go, and the grille is overdone. At least its recessed unlike the cheap looking GTO grille. The rims look good. I think they got the GXP receipe right with the Bonneville and Grand Prix. The Solstice is too subdued, can hardly tell its not the base model until you put your foot on the gas pedal. The G6 is overdone. What V6 is making the 270 hp, the 3.9?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned

Yeah, looks awesome.... see you guys at the car lot!

phhhhh

IMO, i do not like it.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dgformula2k
It looks riced out IMO. Why aren't they offering the GXP in the 4-door bodystyle? Too much overlap with the GP GXP? I agree with most on here the wing has got to go, and the grille is overdone. At least its recessed unlike the cheap looking GTO grille. The rims look good. I think they got the GXP receipe right with the Bonneville and Grand Prix. The Solstice is too subdued, can hardly tell its not the base model until you put your foot on the gas pedal. The G6 is overdone. What V6 is making the 270 hp, the 3.9?
Yeah it's the 3.9L.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That car looks EXACTLY like an Accord V6 coupe, both of my buddies have them and that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thing. ESPECIALLY the rear half of the car, take that wing off and youv'e got a made over Pontiac Accord V6 coupe. lol.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Adkoonerstrator

The rear to me says G35 but, the side profile kinda says Accord.

Overall I don't think it's a bad car and if GM markets it the right way it could do well with people looking for a car in it's category.

The only thing I really don't care for are the hoodscoops.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

I dont hate all of it but the grill SUX.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
yea...the hood/front look photoshopped.

Not to bad maybe some work on the front but its decent on the sides and rear.

All those pics are entirely computer generated renditions. So essencially, they are "photoshoped" but not literally, just created with a 3D program =D.

Best Regards,
Adrian
Old 04-06-2006, 08:40 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Not a bad looking car...I agree with the grill. If the grill was smaller, the snout of the fascia dropped a bit, a bit more cowl to the hood, it'd look better from the front. The rear quater doesn't look "that" bad, IMHO. I'm a huge fan of AWD now (at least for a DD, and besides, blasting down dirt roads with it rocks!) and the 6 spd would be nice. If you could get it to knock down 30+mpg at cruise with AWD, I'd be sold!
Old 04-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Banned

Old 04-06-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Second Club

I like it, they need to do something about the grilles though.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

bruddah_man_matt

As for the GXP, at least GM is letting us know that they're trying
Please.....dont you think they have trying for too damn long now??? GM is ******* pathetic. GM cars have no ******* passion or personality to them...99.999% of them suck ***. The only american car company taking risks and kicking *** is Dodge/Chrysler....GM deserves to be bought by Toyota (Pontiac Vibe anyone??)...that new Camaro?? wait and see what POS they will make out of it!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Staging Lane

I like it. Reminds me of an Infiniti G35
Old 04-07-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chaman
Please.....dont you think they have trying for too damn long now??? GM is ******* pathetic. GM cars have no ******* passion or personality to them...99.999% of them suck ***. The only american car company taking risks and kicking *** is Dodge/Chrysler....GM deserves to be bought by Toyota (Pontiac Vibe anyone??)...that new Camaro?? wait and see what POS they will make out of it!
The fact that they're making an effort to build a decent entry level sport sedan for their "sporty" brand means something to me. GM could have easily sat back and let the GTP be top dog but they actually chose to up the ante. When was the last time GM made an effort to build something that had more power than the competition?
Old 04-07-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Veteran

The funny thing is what the competition is for that particular car, imports, AKA front wheel drive, econo machines, everyday people movers, young car enthusisasts (low income most of them).....look at the car again. Overdone, carbon copy of whats already out there and possibly pricier....GM needs badly to get back to its roots...rear wheel drive, V8 (and V6) power, QUALITY and most important competitive prices....
Old 04-07-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chaman
The funny thing is what the competition is for that particular car, imports, AKA front wheel drive, econo machines, everyday people movers, young car enthusisasts (low income most of them).....look at the car again. Overdone, carbon copy of whats already out there and possibly pricier....GM needs badly to get back to its roots...rear wheel drive, V8 (and V6) power, QUALITY and most important competitive prices....
I've been saying this for a very long time, but you can't expect them to ditch Epsilon altogether and just start building RWD cars from scratch. They have time and money invested in this platform and have to ride it out and make the best of it until Epsilon II (with available AWD an option) or an all new midsize RWD platform arrives. Bringing Zeta over and giving Buick a full size RWD sedan and a halo coupe/roadster a la the Velite concept, Pontiac a RWD V8 powered Bonneville/GP replacement and a new GTO, and Chevy a RWD Impala, Monte Carlo and Camaro are first steps. This is what GM NEEDS to do. Build RWD cars at the top of their ranges and if and hopefully when they sell better than their current boring, tepid FWD counterparts, GM will begin development on a midsize RWD platform to supplant the current crop of FWD Epsilon cars (G6, Malibu, Aura etc...). If they were to make this RWD platform capable of adopting AWD this would be perfect for Saab. Personally I think it would be nice if GM could move Saab from FWD to AWD in a similar move to what Ford is doing with Volvo at the moment.

However for the time being GM has what they have. I don't like FWD any more than the next high performance guru but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bruddah_man_matt
I've been saying this for a very long time, but you can't expect them to ditch Epsilon altogether and just start building RWD cars from scratch. They have time and money invested in this platform and have to ride it out and make the best of it until Epsilon II (with available AWD an option) or an all new midsize RWD platform arrives. Bringing Zeta over and giving Buick a full size RWD sedan and a halo coupe/roadster a la the Velite concept, Pontiac a RWD V8 powered Bonneville/GP replacement and a new GTO, and Chevy a RWD Impala, Monte Carlo and Camaro are first steps. This is what GM NEEDS to do. Build RWD cars at the top of their ranges and if and hopefully when they sell better than their current boring, tepid FWD counterparts, GM will begin development on a midsize RWD platform to supplant the current crop of FWD Epsilon cars (G6, Malibu, Aura etc...). If they were to make this RWD platform capable of adopting AWD this would be perfect for Saab. Personally I think it would be nice if GM could move Saab from FWD to AWD in a similar move to what Ford is doing with Volvo at the moment.

However for the time being GM has what they have. I don't like FWD any more than the next high performance guru but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Agreed!!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BRIAN98Z28
That car looks EXACTLY like an Accord V6 coupe
I'm not seeing it... The Accord coupe did look like the last Cougar, but I'm not seeing much resemblance to the G6 myself.

I have never liked the G6 coupe. It looks like it got the back end kicked in. It's kind of like they took the G6 4-door (designed by women) and said, "Let's get some guys in here and see if we can fix this thing so we can sell some to men." Problem is, the guys just screwed it up...

Last edited by LTSpeed; 04-09-2006 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Pontiac Expands The GXP Range: Meet The G6 GXP