Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Custom Hood Idea (RamAirII) (more aggressive looks)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what I am doing when it comes to choosing the best mods for these cars, IMO.
Up until this hood idea....your right, your car is the poster perfect V...but that Hood......

Barf...sorry.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
Up until this hood idea....your right, your car is the poster perfect V...but that Hood......

Barf...sorry.
I am sorry that you feel that way...but there still has to be a couple of people out there that have the same tastes as me...

Moving on, I like your hood from some angles, but seeing pictures of that hood, I have felt that there wasn't enough of a difference from stock to justify the cost (cowl not high enough, no vents, etc). That is why I wanted to do something different.

Maybe you can prove me wrong though. Does your hood really look a lot more aggressive in person? I have never seen one in person, I am just going off of pictures on the net.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:16 AM
TECH Junkie

your driving a sedan..

a CTS v with a big 3" - 4" cowl hood is just going to look plain silly..i like 04ctsfl's hood better then your idea. no offense
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
your driving a sedan..

a CTS v with a big 3" - 4" cowl hood is just going to look plain silly..i like 04ctsfl's hood better then your idea. no offense
I was actually thinking more along the lines of 2.5" total cowl height, which is in fact only 1" higher than the EC Cowl Hood. Keep in mind we all have a different eye for these types of things.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Banned

keep trying tweet...let the nay saying sheep
follow the herd. "they" don't matter in the in
the real world.
kudos for trying.

also, doesspeeds cobra style is as aggressive
as it gets. i like it as is...
( cowl size and vent duct placment )
Old 11-08-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GT67METHV
keep trying tweet...let the nay saying sheep
follow the herd. "they" don't matter in the in
the real world.
kudos for trying.

also, doesspeeds cobra style is as aggressive
as it gets. i like it as is...
( cowl size and vent duct placment )
The more that I look at that Cobra hood the more I am starting to agree with you that it could like awesome just like that. It might be easier to get this done with a hood that is already existing...
Old 11-08-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
I know this is a mustang, and we're all very anti mustang (atleast i am and i have owned a few) but i've always liked the angles on this hood of the scoops

Now I am really starting to lean toward that Cobra hood. DoesSpeed, do you have any idea what company makes that hood.? I wonder if we find that out, if they could add the mold of the top of the hood to an existing CTS hood and just go from there. I wish I knew more about the process of making a custom hood, but maybe I will when this is all said and done.

Edit: Nevermind -- I found out that this is a Cervini's Hood. Now I don't know if I should try and contact Cervinis to see if they could put this cowl design on a Cadillac CTS hood, or if I should just pay the $500 for this actual hood, then buy a CTS hood off of Ebay for $250 and take both to a local body shop and see if they could slap the cowl onto the CTS hood...

Last edited by tweeter81; 11-08-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: More information
Old 11-08-2008, 12:43 PM
TECH Junkie

looks like Cervini body kit
Old 11-26-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

I am currently trying to get a nice photoshop of this Cervini's hood on a CTS-V. I have a guy on the other forum that is working on it for me. I'll post the photoshop when it gets done.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Here is the Photoshop. Very special thanks to Cad4life and tommy compton (on the Cadillacforums.com) for offering up their skills to help me out here.

Alright guys, take a nice, long look at these pix and let me know if this hood doesn't look really cool on this car. I am going to keep with this until I get 4 other guys interested, so please bear with me. Remember, I have already been in contact with Extreme Composites (actually a guy named Jimmy ***) and they can make this hood for us V and CTS guys if they get enough money up front to cover their R&D costs.

Let the comments continue...I hope some people like it.

C.J.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Hood Idea (RamAirII) (more aggressive looks)-v_hood_chop_1.jpg   Custom Hood Idea (RamAirII) (more aggressive looks)-v_hood_chop_2.jpg  
Old 12-09-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm very glad i suggested this... I normally dont like aftermarket hoods, but thats just plain f#%&)* sick.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

well I tried to add a picture but I must be brain dead cause it wasnt working for me!!!! anyways here is the link! I like how it gets wider in the back and goes almost all the way to the front of the hood. It could be thinner thou!!

http://www.fiberglass-hood.com/image...-Ram-Air-1.jpg

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 12-10-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
well I tried to add a picture but I must be brain dead cause it wasnt working for me!!!! anyways here is the link! I like how it gets wider in the back and goes almost all the way to the front of the hood. It could be thinner thou!!

http://www.fiberglass-hood.com/image...-Ram-Air-1.jpg
That exact hood was actually the original idea that I had, but most people thought that it was too aggressive and the cowl height was too tall. I really like that hood, but after much deliberation, I do think that the Mustang-style hood fits a little better with the car. I would need five people to be in on this so I have to come up with a design that most people like.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tweeter81
That exact hood was actually the original idea that I had, but most people thought that it was too aggressive and the cowl height was too tall. I really like that hood, but after much deliberation, I do think that the Mustang-style hood fits a little better with the car. I would need five people to be in on this so I have to come up with a design that most people like.

cut the cowl height in half or even less? or what do you think about having the scoop merge out of the hood like this link? just an idea?

http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/Pics...F104%20Big.jpg
Old 12-10-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
cut the cowl height in half or even less? or what do you think about having the scoop merge out of the hood like this link? just an idea?

http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/Pics...F104%20Big.jpg
The photoshops that I have already posted do basically what you are saying. The difference is that the Ford F-250 hood already has a raised portion to it in stock form. The Cadillac hood is completely flat so there needs to be a slightly higher cowl at the back to make the hood look right, IMHO. The rear of the cowl has two steps to it, with the highest point of the cowl being 1.5" give or take.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm surprised at how good those photoshops look. Nice. The FMIC improves the look for sure as well.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I wanted rice I would've bought a Honda.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BacDoc
If I wanted rice I would've bought a Honda.
every one is entitled to there opinion, don't like the hood u certainly don't have to buy it sir. I like the look of the hood posted good job with the FS.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Its growing on me the more I see it. I do like it, but not sure if I like it better than current options out there. Great work on the PS!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Complete Douche

Originally Posted by tweeter81
Here is the Photoshop. Very special thanks to Cad4life and tommy compton (on the Cadillacforums.com) for offering up their skills to help me out here.

Alright guys, take a nice, long look at these pix and let me know if this hood doesn't look really cool on this car. I am going to keep with this until I get 4 other guys interested, so please bear with me. Remember, I have already been in contact with Extreme Composites (actually a guy named Jimmy ***) and they can make this hood for us V and CTS guys if they get enough money up front to cover their R&D costs.

Let the comments continue...I hope some people like it.

C.J.
this hood it sweeter than a brazillian 16yr olds wax job.

i for one would suggest to EC that they produce this very design, as i for one
would buy it after the holidays for sure. i love it! i need some salt peter.

Quick Reply: Custom Hood Idea (RamAirII) (more aggressive looks)